PDA

View Full Version : Scam, right?

keno
08-19-2005, 02:03 PM
If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. So this is what I get back from the "seller". Scam, right?

"Hello
I tried to call you 2 minutes ago and the line is busy, or something is wrong with my line, i will get someone in the morning to solve this out.
Here is how i would like to do this deal :

i will shipp first the bike throught TNT Service, after that they will contact you and they will confirm you all information about the shipping. People from TNT send you in your e-mail a invoice and after you receive the invoice, you see all information about the shipping and about the bike, after that you must go to Western Union office and put the money on my name and my address. After you have make the tranfer you need to send the all payment confirmation (SENDER NAME, RECEIVER NAME,MTCN#) to TNT Service throught invoice from your e-mail .. Now please let me know if you are interested on this deal .. if you want please give me your full name so i can shipp you the bike .. and after i have shipp in 1-2 hours the TNT Service will contact you with all information about the shipping. This is like COD but it is more safe, fast and cheap for both of us.. After you will receive the confirmation from TNT Service you will have max 5-10 hours to make the transfer and send the payment info to the TNT Service. After they receive the payment info .. they will start the shipping and you will get the product in 2 days ..and you have 5 days to test it .. after 5 days you need to contact the TNT Service throught e-mail and give them the answer if you keep the product or not .. because if you will keep they will contact me and give me the info to take the money .. and if you don`t keep the bike you will send it back and you will receive all your money back.
Please let me know your decision and reply me asap
Thanks !"

Lifelover
08-19-2005, 02:11 PM
If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. So this is what I get back from the "seller". Scam, right?

"Hello
I tried to call you 2 minutes ago and the line is busy, or something is wrong with my line, i will get someone in the morning to solve this out.

i will shipp first the bike throught TNT Service, after that they will contact you and they will confirm you all information about the shipping. People from TNT send you in your e-mail a invoice and after you receive the invoice, you see all information about the shipping and about the bike, after that you must go to Western Union office and put the money on my name and my address. After you have make the tranfer you need to send the all payment confirmation (SENDER NAME, RECEIVER NAME,MTCN#) to TNT Service throught invoice from your e-mail .. Now please let me know if you are interested on this deal .. if you want please give me your full name so i can shipp you the bike .. and after i have shipp in 1-2 hours the TNT Service will contact you with all information about the shipping. This is like COD but it is more safe, fast and cheap for both of us.. After you will receive the confirmation from TNT Service you will have max 5-10 hours to make the transfer and send the payment info to the TNT Service. After they receive the payment info .. they will start the shipping and you will get the product in 2 days ..and you have 5 days to test it .. after 5 days you need to contact the TNT Service throught e-mail and give them the answer if you keep the product or not .. because if you will keep they will contact me and give me the info to take the money .. and if you don`t keep the bike you will send it back and you will receive all your money back.
Please let me know your decision and reply me asap
Thanks !"

There are 2 words that give it away EVERY time. I'll let you try to guess what they are.

Sandy
08-19-2005, 02:18 PM
Right.

Sandy

Fixed
08-19-2005, 02:36 PM
Bro, don't eat the yellow snow.Cheers

weisan
08-19-2005, 02:48 PM
As a long-time eBay user, i've been wondering about this for a while...."So, what's Western Union gonna do with all this bad press comin' out of eBay etc..." People are equating Western Union with words like "Scam, Fraud, Nigeria Offshore Account, YellowSnow, Sandy, Kevan, Fly, csb, keno...ehhh...you get my point. :D

This can't be good for their business. You would think they would have approached eBay long time ago to resolve the issue and not let this linger on as bad aftertaste...as drunk-pal said so eloquently..."Yer idiots!"

keno
08-19-2005, 02:51 PM
would have gotten your point lots better if you put an additional " in there somewhere.

keno

weisan
08-19-2005, 02:55 PM
would have gotten your point lots better if you put an additional " in there somewhere.

keno

Sorry keno-pal, you are right. I stand corrected.
" :D "

keno
08-19-2005, 03:14 PM
but I still don't get your point altogether.

keno

Needs Help
08-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Western Union
lol.
...and before you even get to Western Union(which is the death blow):

i will get someone in the morning to solve this out.

i will shipp first the bike throught TNT Service
Bad spelling + poor grammar + ebay = fraud

Dekonick
08-19-2005, 07:19 PM
Or one of my posts :rolleyes:

Hey BEN how 'bout a spell checker? :D

Lifelover
08-19-2005, 08:14 PM
As a long-time eBay user, i've been wondering about this for a while...."So, what's Western Union gonna do with all this bad press comin' out of eBay etc..." People are equating Western Union with words like "Scam, Fraud, Nigeria Offshore Account, YellowSnow, Sandy, Kevan, Fly, csb, keno...ehhh...you get my point. :D

This can't be good for their business. You would think they would have approached eBay long time ago to resolve the issue and not let this linger on as bad aftertaste...as drunk-pal said so eloquently..."Yer idiots!"

I'm not sure Western Union really cares. They do not promote themselves as a service to perform sales transactions. They clearly state that the function they serve is for 2 parties that know each other to be able to transfer funds anywhere in the world. They discourage the use of their service if you do not have first hand knowledge of the person receiving the funds. For that purpose they are very safe and effective.

keno
08-19-2005, 10:10 PM
it was rbr and I blew the guy off before I wrote my first post. My last two words were "a$$ hole", not Western Union.

keno