PDA

View Full Version : Update! Hello all.

FixedNotBroken
02-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Hello all!

I haven't been around for months and wanted to let you know the GF is coming along and the baby is growing! I appreciate all of your support and you guys have been a great community to be a part of. I have put cycling aside to focus on work and my girlfriend (hopefully soon to be come wife) as soon as I can sell my M3 :D it carries the spot now haha.

I hope all of you are doing well, the forum format looks different..The Paceline Forum? Looks sweet. Hope all is well and i'd love to hear how you all are.

firerescuefin
02-22-2012, 06:29 AM
Hello all!

I haven't been around for months and wanted to let you know the GF is coming along and the baby is growing! I appreciate all of your support and you guys have been a great community to be a part of. I have put cycling aside to focus on work and my girlfriend (hopefully soon to be come wife) as soon as I can sell my M3 :D it carries the spot now haha.

I hope all of you are doing well, the forum format looks different..The Paceline Forum? Looks sweet. Hope all is well and i'd love to hear how you all are.

Great to hear things are moving forward on all accounts. I remember you put a lot of time building up that Cervelo before you found out about your little one coming, and having to sell it off. Look forward to having you back..someone has to teach your kid about bikes ;)

AngryScientist
02-22-2012, 06:52 AM
hey there. welcome back.

i'll be the first to admit, i had lots of questions and unknowns going into fatherhood, what was now 9 months ago. everyone here (and everywhere else) told me how great it is to be a dad, but i had to get there myself to understand. it's been much more rewarding than i honestly expected, and any negatives that go along with having a new human in the house are vastly overshadowed by the good stuff. enjoy the ride.

here's Ben, time really flies...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sMPZjH1C120/Tyx5LPIUxaI/AAAAAAAAAvU/A8l4ezQtWcI/s320/Mama+465.jpg

roguedog
02-22-2012, 07:53 AM
Hey there, it's good to see round here and hear your voice again. Glad to hear all is well..heck, I mean, awesome!

Angry -- nice pic. Looking good.

67-59
02-22-2012, 10:16 AM
Welcome back, and congrats on the baby. There will be difficult times, but the good SOOOO oughtweighs the bad.

And believe Angry when he says time really flies. Seems like yesterday that my daughters were in diapers...and now the oldest is going off to college this fall. It happens in the blink of an eye.

tiretrax
02-22-2012, 11:47 AM
Welcome back, and congrats on the baby. There will be difficult times, but the good SOOOO oughtweighs the bad.

And believe Angry when he says time really flies. Seems like yesterday that my daughters were in diapers...and now the oldest is going off to college this fall. It happens in the blink of an eye.
Here, here. My oldest wants to go to school in Europe next year! Like the car ad, I still picture her as a 6 year old. It's amazing how 10 years can fly by when you have children. Enjoy every moment, and take lots of pictures/video. That gets more challenging with additional children.

learningtoride
02-22-2012, 04:09 PM

kramnnim
02-22-2012, 07:13 PM
Good to hear y'all are doing well!

soulspinner
02-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Never giove up the bike totally. Its sanity :)

JeremyS
02-23-2012, 05:36 PM
Never give up the bike. Once he's up and around you're gonna need it.

There's always a way to get those precious miles in.

FixedNotBroken
02-28-2012, 01:32 AM
Thanks for the encouragement all, I wish I could buy you guys a round. I have been looking around at bikes and what not..I guess waiting for the right one to come along at the right price. I miss reading all of posts and thoughtful insight guys!

Nick you're the man and a pleasure to deal with!

FixedNotBroken
03-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Looks like I'm going to be having some insurance money come my way..in the market for a bike..FINALLY :)

I am digging the Cervelo S5 and can get 15% off of a new one..need suggestions though! I have a good budget for this so like I have always said when purchasing things, "Spare no expense!" :) suggestions please! I have also been a Campy guy..I will buy the complete bike because I believe it's cheaper? Correct me if i'm wrong. I am thinking about the following groups to put on this:

1.) Dura Ace Di2 (The price is eh and if I was ever to crash..you do the math)
2.) Campy Record 11
3.) Dura Ace 7900 Cabled

Wheels will be a handbuilt set by Joe Young.

Thanks ahead..

soulspinner
03-06-2012, 05:24 AM
Looks like I'm going to be having some insurance money come my way..in the market for a bike..FINALLY :)

I am digging the Cervelo S5 and can get 15% off of a new one..need suggestions though! I have a good budget for this so like I have always said when purchasing things, "Spare no expense!" :) suggestions please! I have also been a Campy guy..I will buy the complete bike because I believe it's cheaper? Correct me if i'm wrong. I am thinking about the following groups to put on this:

1.) Dura Ace Di2 (The price is eh and if I was ever to crash..you do the math)
2.) Campy Record 11
3.) Dura Ace 7900 Cabled

Wheels will be a handbuilt set by Joe Young.

Thanks ahead..

Campy 11 rocks