PDA

View Full Version : Where's Pete?

SamIAm
02-20-2012, 10:07 AM
I haven't seen him around. Did he get the memo about Paceline?

Keith A
02-20-2012, 10:14 AM
Yes Pete did get the memo about the The Paceline and I (and others) have been in contact with him. He's been taking a needed break and I hope that he'll join us again soon.

Earl Gray
02-20-2012, 10:15 AM
He knew that it would inevitably lead to a forum open to bashing Serotta's prices so he took a little vacation.

SamIAm
02-20-2012, 10:18 AM
He knew that it would inevitably lead to a forum open to bashing Serotta's prices so he took a little vacation.

Serotta needs their prices bashed, but back to Pete. I hope to see him around sooner rather than later.

rugbysecondrow
02-20-2012, 10:19 AM
Met and had dinner with him on Friday along with Smiley, Ray, and Kelly Bedford. Good guys.

zap
02-20-2012, 10:24 AM
and the folks who go by zap & zip here had the pleasure of seeing him Saturday night. He's looking great.

We talked about many things including cycling but not about the Paceline.

rugbysecondrow
02-20-2012, 10:31 AM
and the folks who go by zap & zip here had the pleasure of seeing him Saturday night. He's looking great.

We talked about many things including cycling but not about the Paceline.

I had baby sitter issues or I would have been there as well. I bet a good time was had by all.

zap
02-20-2012, 10:31 AM
SamIAm-pm sent.

BumbleBeeDave
02-20-2012, 10:40 AM

. . . uncalled for.

BBD

zap
02-20-2012, 10:42 AM
Met and had dinner with him on Friday along with Smiley, Ray, and Kelly Bedford. Good guys.

Afghan.

rugbysecondrow
02-20-2012, 11:06 AM
Afghan.

Yes. I enjoyed the food and the best baklava I have ever had.

Sandy
02-20-2012, 11:26 AM
They should have invited me to dinner--I would have brought some gefilte fish, challah, and some kosher grape juice and wine...to add a bit of Israeli flavor.

Sandy

Sandy
02-20-2012, 11:33 AM

All are great guys........maybe not Ray....He wrapped me in his HandleBra tape, pushed me in a closet and made me pay him an excessive amount for the tape (pink at that) and give him the title to my car, before he unwrapped me (and subsequently resold the tape) and let me out. :)

None better than Pete- such a remarkably giving person.

Smiley and I have been wonderful friends for a long while. He genuinely cares about people/friends. Karen and Smiley put on quite an event on Saturday.

Kelly is extremely knowledgeable, articulate, sincere, humble, and remarkably patient- as evidenced by his answers of question after question I asked about his bikes, frame materials, and bicycle tubing.

Sandy

wc1934
02-20-2012, 12:21 PM
Let's start a petition to get Pete back here as a moderator - he's got my vote!

Ramjm_2000
02-20-2012, 12:26 PM
None better than Pete- such a remarkably giving person.

Smiley and I have been wonderful friends for a long while. He genuinely cares about people/friends. Karen and Smiley put on quite an event on Saturday.

Kelly is extremely knowledgeable, articulate, sincere, humble, and remarkably patient- as evidenced by his answers of question after question I asked about his bikes, frame materials, and bicycle tubing.

Sandy

+1 Smiley and Karen put on a wonderful spread. Pete is a great guy.

thwart
02-20-2012, 01:00 PM
Let's start a petition to get Pete back here as a moderator - he's got my vote!+100.

Chance
02-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Let's start a petition to get Pete back here as a moderator - he's got my vote!
Don’t know Pete personally, but know he has or had close ties to Serotta. If this is going to be an independent forum can you have it both ways? Not sure how that would work out.

572cv
02-20-2012, 06:37 PM
I checked this thread to see how Pete might be doing. V. Glad to hear he has been sighted and is doing well. Whatever the name of the forum - and " The Paceline" is a very good one- there will likely be a number of Serotta partisans on this forum who wish the company well. I look forward to Pete's return.

Smiley
02-21-2012, 11:05 AM
If it were not for Pete the seeds and fire that started the Paceline would not of happened, He's the Rosa Parks of this board :)

Great spending Friday through Sunday with him, also Ray, Kelly, Rugby and the other forumites that showed up at Bike Wrap. Lastly GREAT spending time with THIN Man Sandy :banana:

Ahneida Ride
02-21-2012, 11:08 AM

cheap shot .... :crap:

fiamme red
02-21-2012, 11:17 AM
By the way, where's Ti Designs? Haven't seen him in quite a while. He could teach us some "paceline" etiquette. ;)

Bruce K
02-21-2012, 11:50 AM
Oh PLEASE don't get Ed started on paceline etiquette! :no:

I love spending time with Ed and riding with him but just don't get him started on his favorite soapbox. We'll be here for days. :crap:

Hopefully he'll turn up soon. I do miss his wit.

and his ponytailed helmet. :beer:

BK

rounder
02-21-2012, 07:57 PM
I got to meet Pete on Saturday night. He's a good guy and he had his awesome k. bedford bike there on display (cream white with gray panels). We talked for awhile about Raleigh and NC, but sort of got the feeling that he lost respect for me when i told him that i had gone to n.c. state.

FlashUNC
02-21-2012, 08:16 PM
We talked for awhile about Raleigh and NC, but sort of got the feeling that he lost respect for me when i told him that i had gone to n.c. state.

We all have our faults.

I say this as a Tar Heel.

SPOKE
02-21-2012, 09:07 PM
I got to meet Pete on Saturday night. He's a good guy and he had his awesome k. bedford bike there on display (cream white with gray panels). We talked for awhile about Raleigh and NC, but sort of got the feeling that he lost respect for me when i told him that i had gone to n.c. state.

Pete taught a few finance classes at NC State....:)

rounder
02-21-2012, 09:37 PM
Pete taught a few finance classes at NC State....:)

Pete is a cool guy.