PDA

View Full Version : Development of the Romin saddle

wgp
02-20-2012, 09:11 AM
I've been riding a Specialized Romin for the last 6 months and loving it, and came across this interesting discussion on BikeRumor about it's development. Thought others might like to read it:

http://www.bikerumor.com/2011/12/08/evolution-of-the-romin-saddle-interview-with-dr-roger-minkow/

The discussion/comments section below the article include Roger Minkow's piping in too!

PaMtbRider
02-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Love my Romin. I used an Avocet O2air for years and went through at least a dozen different saddles to I found the Romin and fell in love.

wasfast
02-20-2012, 07:54 PM
It would really be helpful to understand the various models. Partly, it's weight (carbon vs metal rails etc) but determing the difference in the various Toupe' and Romin isn't straightforward. I consider myself very knowledgeable technically and have used many saddles. They have the Ass-o-meter, they also have the Saddle-o-meter.....

I'm at the crossroads currently. My current Aliante is just about done (worn out cover, nose is loose, squeaks, etc) and I'm tempted to try the Romin. But which one?

Ramjm_2000
02-21-2012, 06:54 AM
It would really be helpful to understand the various models. Partly, it's weight (carbon vs metal rails etc) but determing the difference in the various Toupe' and Romin isn't straightforward. I consider myself very knowledgeable technically and have used many saddles. They have the Ass-o-meter, they also have the Saddle-o-meter.....

I'm at the crossroads currently. My current Aliante is just about done (worn out cover, nose is loose, squeaks, etc) and I'm tempted to try the Romin. But which one?

I'm a Romin fan and have been riding them since their introduction. The models are just a variation of 2 main designs. The EVO and the Standard Romin. The EVO is a tad heavier, has a bit more nose drop and a more narrow nose. The rest of the differences are just rail material (steel, ti, carbon). IMO the Romin would be a good saddle to try coming from a Aliante. For me the toupe is just too flat (more like an Arione). That said I do use a toupe one my MTB.