PDA

View Full Version : Tupelo, MS?

Cinci Jim
02-20-2012, 05:55 AM
I maybe taking an assignment at work that will put me in Tupelo, MS for 1-2 years. Anyone know about riding down there? I have riden on the Trace before, but up towards Nashville. I have driven on the trace in Tupelo and it looks great for riding, be it quite flat.

HenryA
02-20-2012, 12:29 PM
I think you're right, there ought to be good riding around Tupelo. I have not been down there for years but used to do a race there that was pretty good (except for the free BBQ lunch they provided racers, free is nice but BBQ followed by a 45 minute crit is not good <grin>). I live right off the Trace but well up into Tennessee.

Jaq
02-20-2012, 03:57 PM
Only think I know of in the region is the Rouge Roubaix (http://www.rougeroubaix.com/Home_Page.html) coming up in March. Never done it, but it looks like fun.

russ46
02-20-2012, 09:00 PM
Wasn't riding then but was in Tupelo a couple of times on business. Beats to a better drum then the rest of MS. There were some good restaurants in the area and friendly people.

LilBolt
02-20-2012, 09:57 PM
Oh my, James! Looks like you'll be getting some frequent flier miles for the chopped bikes.