PDA

View Full Version : oakley

Fixed
02-19-2012, 04:31 PM
i go into the oakley store with my 10 year old m frames (the ones that don't fold )
i needed new rubber ear pieces ,they didn't have them . the manager asks "how long have i had then ?" i said ten years . i am thinking he is going to say "hey mac after 10 years it is time for some new ones ".. he doesn't say it . he goes in the back room brings me out a new pair of folding m frames .. i said how much he said no charge ,,
so i thought i'd pass the word

cheers imho

Climb01742
02-19-2012, 04:48 PM
cool dude. wonder whether his gesture was his belief or the company's? still, cool, generous dude.

Lovetoclimb
02-19-2012, 04:50 PM
that is amazing! congratulations on the good karma and new shades. I hope my Jawbones serve me as well as your M frames have served you.

bargainguy
02-19-2012, 05:26 PM
I've been out of the oakley loop so long, didn't even know they had folding M frames. Still have a few pair (non-folding, of course) and love 'em, especially the mag plasmas. Good for you.

Don

Fixed
02-19-2012, 06:50 PM
oakley looks like a good company they are in the nicest mall in town . the 3 salesman were dressed in-all the latest oakley gear including shoes and watches . i would estimate somewhere around $ 500 in clothes for each salesman
and very polite too
i will go back
cheers

CunegoFan
02-19-2012, 06:53 PM
cool dude. wonder whether his gesture was his belief or the company's? still, cool, generous dude.
I think it is a function of the cost of manufacturing, which is about nil compared to the retail price.

SamIAm
02-19-2012, 07:06 PM
The thing that strikes me about your story is the fact that you were able to hold on to a pair of sunglasses for 10 years! I have never made it 6 months.

Jason E
02-19-2012, 07:12 PM
That's pretty great. From the first sentence I was sure it was gonna go the other way. It's always glad to hear the nice stories.

:)

crownjewelwl
02-19-2012, 07:14 PM
oakley looks like a good company they are in the nicest mall in town . the 3 salesman were dressed in-all the latest oakley gear including shoes and watches . i would estimate somewhere around $ 500 in clothes for each salesman
and very polite too
i will go back
cheers

Oakley now owned by luxottica...same owners as lens crafters but deep pockets

charliedid
02-19-2012, 07:24 PM
Oakley now owned by luxottica...same owners as lens crafters but deep pockets

Yep...largest manufacturer of eyewear in the world. Nice to see that this guy at Oakley treated you right. I'm guessing the next time you need new ones (10 years ;-) you might look to them first.