PDA

View Full Version : Specialized Alias replacement saddle?

farmallguy
02-19-2012, 10:07 AM
I found the Specialized Alias 143 to be my saddle of choice for comfort. It is not produced anymore and I was wondering if any other Alias riders out there have found comparable replacements?Is the Specialized Romin similar to the Alias, if so which model because there are 6 models of Romin?

Thanks

Jack

tlarwa
02-19-2012, 08:27 PM
Try an Aliante. I rode an Alias for a long time, with great success. I've found that the Aliante works very well for me too. By the way, I rode a 143 Alias...

Tom

rice rocket
02-19-2012, 10:01 PM
All Romins have the same shell, they just differ in the rails. The updated Evo version addresses the complaints people had of the Romin of leg rubbing because of the wider nose.

I still haven't picked up my Evo from the LBS...but I ride a Romin now, and I spent 6 hours on it yesterday. My junk is still happy with me.

cmg
02-20-2012, 12:17 PM
if you like the Alias you like flat top saddles. Try the specialized Toupe or the specialized Phenom. the Romin has a curved top and the design is different than the alias.

farmallguy
02-20-2012, 02:58 PM
I tried the Toupe but it was a little to firm. Thanks for the input about the shapes of the two saddles as I did not know that about the Romin.

benb
02-20-2012, 03:20 PM
I would have said the Avatar is closer to the Alias.. I have had the Alias and I have had 2 of the Avatars..

That said everyone seems to rave about the Romin and a lot of those people previously rode the Alias/Avatar so you might be fine with the Romin as well.

Grumbs
02-20-2012, 07:32 PM
I would say that if you thought the Toupe was too firm, you would not like the Romin, because it is much firmer that the Toupe. I have both, and prefer the Romin, but it has very firm padding, and just about no flex at all.