PDA

View Full Version : Campy brake pad question

sokyroadie
02-18-2012, 11:29 AM
Well...........

I finally bought a set of new 2011/2012 Reynolds Assault's (very nice btw) to go on my Serotta Classique Ti with Campy Chorus everything NOS 2010 models. I knew that Campy changed the pad design to go with a keeper, but thought the change occurred in 2011. Well either the brakes were 2011 or I was wrong - the Reynolds blue pads do not have a recess to allow the keeper to catch.

A few minutes with a hot square punch and a utility knife and viola pads that lock in place. It might be worth noting if you are ordering Reynolds wheels in the future.

Jeff

oldpotatoe
02-18-2012, 12:01 PM
Well...........

I finally bought a set of new 2011/2012 Reynolds Assault's (very nice btw) to go on my Serotta Classique Ti with Campy Chorus everything NOS 2010 models. I knew that Campy changed the pad design to go with a keeper, but thought the change occurred in 2011. Well either the brakes were 2011 or I was wrong - the Reynolds blue pads do not have a recess to allow the keeper to catch.

A few minutes with a hot square punch and a utility knife and viola pads that lock in place. It might be worth noting if you are ordering Reynolds wheels in the future.

Jeff

Yep, 2011.