PDA

View Full Version : OT: Good luck to HIM!

BumbleBeeDave
08-18-2005, 09:45 AM
I think this guy is going to have an interesting time in LA . . .

BBDave

Yutaka Fukufuji, who played with the Japan's national ice hockey team three times, displays his Los Angeles Kings jersey during a news conference in Tokyo Thursday, Aug. 18, 2005. The Tokyo-born goalie, 22, reported Japanese media that he and the Kings of the National Hockey League agreed to a two-year entry level contract earlier this month. Six-foot-1 and 170 pounds Fukufuji was selected by the Kings 238th overall in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft. (AP Photo/Koji Sasahara)

FunkyPorcini
08-18-2005, 09:48 AM
That will be an unfortunate name for immature inner-city folk.

csb
08-18-2005, 09:49 AM
That will be an unfortunate name for immature inner-city folk.

as he walks past them on the way to the unemployment office

flydhest
08-18-2005, 09:49 AM
although I can't claim to have seen the movie, wasn't there a scene in American Pie involving an apple pie? Were they Fuji apples?

csb
08-18-2005, 09:50 AM
although I can't claim to have seen the movie, wasn't there a scene in American Pie involving an apple pie? Were they Fuji apples?

a very small white worm was at the core of the problem

Roy E. Munson
08-18-2005, 09:52 AM
More rubber is gonna go through this guy than BBDave on a busy weekend.

flydhest
08-18-2005, 10:05 AM
for the sake of propriety, I'm going to assume that Roy's picture is of dbrk doing yoga, alone, in bed.

BumbleBeeDave
08-18-2005, 10:14 AM
. . . because for me lately, a "busy weekend" consists of two days of riding--my bike.

Oh, and BTW, since when did you care about "propriety," Fly-Man? ;)

BBDave

Ozz
08-18-2005, 10:47 AM
He better get his name and jersey trademarked cuz it's gonna be a hot seller!

Kevan
08-18-2005, 11:47 AM
on my sandwich.

for the sake of propriety, I'm going to assume that Roy's picture is of dbrk doing yoga, alone, in bed.

amg
08-18-2005, 12:28 PM
After the lockout and the cancellation of the season, hockey needs something to draw some attention back to the NHL. It's worked for baseball...

I think his last name has a catch-y ring to it. I sure hope the Kings don't have Fuji film as a sponsor (IIRC, Fuji film is a sponsor of the New York Rangers, for example). If Yutaka has a hot night in goal, it's gonna sound weird hearing the crowd chant, "FUK-U-FUJI, FUK-U-FUJI"! :p

Antonio

William
08-18-2005, 12:43 PM
After the lockout and the cancellation of the season, hockey needs something to draw some attention back to the NHL. It's worked for baseball...

YEAH!! HOCKEY'S NUMBAH ONE!!!!
http://www.nnm.ru/imagez/gallery/other/finger-solyanka_full.jpg

William :banana:

Keith A
08-18-2005, 12:52 PM
I showed this to a co-worker who is from Korea and he didn't see anything odd about the name :rolleyes: And with his pronunciation, you didn't pick up on anything unusual -- unlike seeing the written name. I finally had to spell it out for him.

FunkyPorcini
08-18-2005, 01:03 PM
I showed this to a co-worker who is from Korea and he didn't see anything odd about the name :rolleyes: And with his pronunciation, you didn't pick up on anything unusual -- unlike seeing the written name. I finally had to spell it out for him.

SOFA KING
WE TAR
DID

(okay okay, I'm this many *hold up 3 fingers*)

Too Tall
08-18-2005, 01:38 PM
The Saturday night live routine will follow:

Costello: Same as you! Same as YOU! I throw the ball to who. Whoever it is drops the ball and the guy runs to second. Who picks up the ball and throws it to What. What throws it to I Don't Know. I Don't Know throws it back to Tomorrow, Triple play. Another guy gets up and hits a long fly ball to Because. Why? I don't know! He's on third and I don't give a darn!

Abbott: What?

Costello: I said I don't give a darn!

Abbott: Oh, that's our shortstop