PDA

View Full Version : Heart Attack Grill does …..

Chance
02-17-2012, 08:04 AM
cause a heart attack for real?

We all expect eating a triple bypass burger will do us in over time, but while dining?

Seems a little sudden. Is this for real or a well-orchestrated publicity stunt?

Love that 350 pounders eat free. Had to be in Vegas.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1022917.1329316008!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/image.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-eating-heart-attack-grill-suffers-heart-attack-article-1.1022918

:crap:

bobswire
02-17-2012, 08:32 AM
cause a heart attack for real?

We all expect eating a triple bypass burger will do us in over time, but while dining?

Seems a little sudden. Is this for real or a well-orchestrated publicity stunt?

Love that 350 pounders eat free. Had to be in Vegas.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1022917.1329316008!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/image.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-eating-heart-attack-grill-suffers-heart-attack-article-1.1022918

:crap:

I don't know what's stupider, eating one of those or driving a Porsche onto a road with freshly poured concrete.

Fixed
02-17-2012, 08:38 AM
deathwish 3
cheers

Kevan
02-17-2012, 08:40 AM
I don't think I like hamburgers anymore...

Earl Gray
02-17-2012, 09:15 AM
I'd hit it

echelon_john
02-17-2012, 09:17 AM
what about the burger? ; )

I'd hit it

Bruce K
02-17-2012, 09:18 AM
Truth in advertising!

BK

laupsi
02-17-2012, 09:22 AM
perhaps his Heart Attack was brought about by his server...? :beer:

Charles M
02-17-2012, 09:23 AM
The guy that founded the place dropped dead too...

Jaq
02-17-2012, 09:27 AM
I don't think I like hamburgers anymore...

So my wife is a little girl, and she loves to go out to eat with her parents. But every time she does, she looks at the menu and orders something strange and it shows up and she says "eccch!" and her parents roll their eyes and end up ordering her a cheeseburger. So pretty soon, her folks quietly tell the waiter, "no matter what she orders, bring her a cheeseburger."

So I meet her (years later, obviously), and her dad tells me this story. And one day I have a meeting to pitch an idea, and these executives start reeling off all kinds of things they'd like to add & change & what-not. I go home and do all that and give it back to them.

And they say "ecch!" and send me packing.

The next place I go, the same thing happens. So I nod my head enthusiastically at all their ideas. Then I go home, change almost nothing, give it back and they love it. And that's how I learned that, no matter what someone asks for, give 'em a cheeseburger.

9 times out of 10, that's what they wanted all along.

2LeftCleats
02-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Looks like the server's a nurse judging by her cap. So she's likely performing a heart stress test.

Chance
02-17-2012, 09:39 AM
This story, if completely true, has a little too much irony.

By the numbers: We’d have to eat about five Burger King Double Whoppers with cheese to equal the 6,000 calories of a Triple Bypass Burger. And that’s not even their biggest burger. The Quadruple Bypass reportedly has about 8,000 calories.

That’s more energy than most of us would burn riding a 100 miles. And if sedentary it would make us gain 2 pounds of fat. From a single burger, mind you.

What’s the point? Is this trying to cure obesity like cigarettes cure cancer? :confused: Personal freedom is great but this seems senseless. Not suggesting we should stop it. To each his own.

laupsi
02-17-2012, 09:44 AM
This story, if completely true, has a little too much irony.

By the numbers: We’d have to eat about five Burger King Double Whoppers with cheese to equal the 6,000 calories of a Triple Bypass Burger. And that’s not even their biggest burger. The Quadruple Bypass reportedly has about 8,000 calories.

That’s more energy than most of us would burn riding a 100 miles. And if sedentary it would make us gain 2 pounds of fat. From a single burger, mind you.

What’s the point? Is this trying to cure obesity like cigarettes cure cancer? :confused: Personal freedom is great but this seems senseless. Not suggesting we should stop it. To each his own.

Darwin was a great man - Survival of the "fittest"!

tiretrax
02-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Looks like the server's a nurse judging by her cap. So she's likely performing a heart stress test.
Yes, she is. There's one here in Dallas. I never go by it. There was a write up in the local paper when they opened. I think every item has at least 2,000 calories - more than what anyone needs in a day.

biker72
02-17-2012, 01:48 PM
Yes, she is. There's one here in Dallas. I never go by it. There was a write up in the local paper when they opened. I think every item has at least 2,000 calories - more than what anyone needs in a day.
They closed in October. Only open a few months.

PQJ
02-17-2012, 02:18 PM
Sorry, only thing I focused on was the blurry image in the background.

Their menu's a hoot:
Fresh cut flatliner fries, "deep fried in lard"
Quadruple bypass burger containing 2 pounds of meat for $12.94 (but you can add 20 bacon slices for $3.69)
Butterfat shake, "literally pure cream"
No filter cigs
Oh, and if you weigh over 350 lbs, you eat for free

I'm guessing people actually eat there. What's wrong with us?

tiretrax
02-17-2012, 02:19 PM
They closed in October. Only open a few months.
Thank goodness. We've got enough artery cloggers in the area, and not enough customers for you!

benb
02-17-2012, 02:33 PM

I am wondering if the body can even process this and cause a sedentary person who eats it to gain 2lbs...

I don't think the calories your body absorbs always equals what is on the label.. the labels are made by burning the food in a calorimeter (might have the name wrong). I am guessing you stuff this down your gullet and your body just passes a lot of it through cause it's too much?

Revolting for sure.

Chance
02-17-2012, 02:53 PM
I am wondering if the body can even process this and cause a sedentary person who eats it to gain 2lbs...

I don't think the calories your body absorbs always equals what is on the label.. the labels are made by burning the food in a calorimeter (might have the name wrong). I am guessing you stuff this down your gullet and your body just passes a lot of it through cause it's too much?

Revolting for sure.
Don’t know about others, but in my case there is no doubt you are correct. What you describe happened to me years ago. Went out to lunch with friends and ended up at a burger place worth avoiding; in my opinion anyway. Obviously they disagreed and thought it was great food. Within 30 minutes of eating a huge burger (small by comparison because it had a single patty and no cheese or bacon, but still probably 2,000 calories or so) all the saturated fat and excess protein made me sick as a dog. Needless to say I didn’t gain a single ounce from that experience.

For what it’s worth they were all overweight and sedentary. My preference was more towards being active and lean. Don’t recall going out to lunch with that group again.

BumbleBeeDave
02-17-2012, 02:57 PM
For what it’s worth they were all overweight and sedentary. My preference was more towards being active and lean. Don’t recall going out to lunch with that group again.

. . . still alive?

BBD

Chance
02-17-2012, 03:11 PM
. . . still alive?

BBD
Yeah, but mostly because they are relatively young. Haven't kept up with them for some time. Some had health issues even then which were probably avoidable to some degree.

benb
02-17-2012, 03:18 PM
Yah I will come clean since you said it, just didn't want to be the first.. if I ate that I'm 99% sure it would give me "gastrointestinal distress", go through me, and I'd probably temporarily lose weight from being dehydrated.

But I eat healthy, workout, maintain healthy weight, etc.. maybe this is something you can adapt to if you eat bad all the time.. ?

Chance
02-17-2012, 03:35 PM
. . . still alive?

BBD
Dave, just remembered one in that group did die, and relatively young too. He was a really big African American man that was probably 150 pounds overweight. Maybe more. Was probably about 40, had been married only a couple of years and had a new baby. He was a very smart and extremely nice man who had other health issues like high blood pressure before getting cancer. Sadly he died very thin from the decease. Didn’t even look like the same person.

Seramount
02-17-2012, 03:58 PM
the current obsession with overeating is really a bizarre thing.

personally, I find it disgusting that anyone would intentionally gorge themselves on such an indecent quantity of food.

first, I hope they get heartburn, then stomach cramps, then explosive diarrhea, then uncontrollable vomiting...

after all that, then the gluttonous loser can die.

Earl Gray
02-17-2012, 04:37 PM
the current obsession with overeating is really a bizarre thing.

personally, I find it disgusting that anyone would intentionally gorge themselves on such an indecent quantity of food.

first, I hope they get heartburn, then stomach cramps, then explosive diarrhea, then uncontrollable vomiting...

after all that, then the gluttonous loser can die.

We love you too!

Cat3roadracer
02-17-2012, 07:15 PM
Check out the Triple Coronary Bypass at The Vortex Bar and Grill in Atlanta.

Makes this one look like an appetizer.

Louis
02-17-2012, 07:20 PM
The "patrons" in the pic look like they are repeat customers. I don't think that photo was chosen by accident.

foofighter
02-18-2012, 02:28 PM
well you have the media to blame for all this, Paula Dean and her excessive use of butter and all things fatty. Adam Richmond of Man vs Food you can actually see that he's gained a lot of weight from last season to this one. Bizarre Foods though he's actually lost weight so good for him.

As much as I agree with the "to each their own" thing, we indirect pay for this as healthcare costs for these people are higher so they just spread it across all the other healthy people to cover it.

Enjoy things in moderation because let's admit it, it's good to enjoy a good bacon cheeseburger sometimes...just not all the time.

Chance
02-18-2012, 02:42 PM
As much as I agree with the "to each their own" thing, we indirect pay for this as healthcare costs for these people are higher so they just spread it across all the other healthy people to cover it.

Not to get into politics of this issue from the sense of who pays; but it's not a given that healthcare costs of these “obese” people are higher over an entire lifetime. They may be lower.

Just because they are not as healthy at 50 as a healthy person is at 50 doesn't mean they cost more over an entire life. That seems a common bias in some studies.

Chance
02-18-2012, 02:44 PM
BTW: My previous "to each his own" includes taking care of your own medical costs; making your point a non-issue for the most part.

CunegoFan
02-18-2012, 03:21 PM
The guy that founded the place dropped dead too...
That was the spokesman. He was twenty-eight years old if I remember correctly.

The founder moved the business from Arizona to Texas to Nevada. The business had financial issues in the previous two states, but maybe it will do better in Vegas.

Louis
02-18-2012, 03:33 PM
Adam Richmond of Man vs Food you can actually see that he's gained a lot of weight from last season to this one.

I have a Man v Food story:

By coincidence I happened to be in Crown Candy Kitchen (the oldest soda fountain in St Louis) while Adam was filming part of an episode. They have a "drink x number of malted milks in y minutes" challenge which he attempted. Happily for him, his body was smart enough to reject the stuff and he threw up before completing it in the alloted time. I was sitting in a booth outside the cameras' field of view, but some of the folks I was with made it into the broadcast version.

toaster
02-18-2012, 05:52 PM
Just wondering if anybody has heard that eating a high fat meal results in your blood going from red to a more pinkish color due to all the fat in the bloodstream.

I know Thanksgiving and Christmas feasts often send some to an early grave due to heart attacks.

foofighter
02-18-2012, 10:01 PM
@Chance: agreed never like to get into politics. That's the perception that some have, like smokers when they do develop respiratory issues the medical costs start going up quickly almost exponential (my wife's uncle passed away from lung cancer)

@Louis: isnt it true that your body can only consume so much dairy before you chuck it back up? Some of that stuff he does is inconceivable like that HUGE Texas steak he finished SMH

fiamme red
02-18-2012, 10:33 PM
@Louis: isnt it true that your body can only consume so much dairy before you chuck it back up? Some of that stuff he does is inconceivable like that HUGE Texas steak he finished SMHhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk_chugging

Louis
02-18-2012, 10:40 PM
Nobody can eat 50 eggs... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNyl6gXLMLQ)

foofighter
02-18-2012, 11:47 PM
learn something new everyday thanks! :beer:

pedlpwrd
02-19-2012, 04:20 AM
I don't know what's stupider, eating one of those or driving a Porsche onto a road with freshly poured concrete.
+1 Bobswire!!! You ARE the man! Lol :beer: