PDA

View Full Version : Vecchio's to the rescue

jr59
02-14-2012, 02:00 PM
Another big thank you to Peter and Jim @ Vecchio's!

I bought a new to me Co-Motion from Cat6 here on the forum. Great guy BTW!

The bike came and everything was as it should be, except the seat collar on it was this little puny thing. It wouldn't hold my 265 lbs up. Seat post slipping, :crap: .

Took the clamp off and went to the close LBS, "nope but we can order it", Next shop same, I asked what size 28.2, ok thanks. On to the third LBS with the clamp, same but they had one. Got home doesn't fit. Called Co-Motion. They say 28.6. Hmmm.... I call around NONE in the city.

So what do I do, call our friendly Campy expert, @ Vecchio's. Now I live in New Orleans, and they are in Co, I ask if they have it? Sure. Can you fed-ex it? Sure! Today I got it, fits like a champ and they gave me a Campy pro shop red hat with Vecchio on it! :banana:

WAY TO GO PETER AND JIM!!!!

jdhansen63
02-14-2012, 02:05 PM
I stopped in there when I was in Boulder last year. Great shop!

oldpotatoe
02-14-2012, 02:24 PM

The bike came and everything was as it should be, except the seat collar on it was this little puny thing. It wouldn't hold my 265 lbs up. Seat post slipping, :crap: .

Took the clamp off and went to the close LBS, "nope but we can order it", Next shop same, I asked what size 28.2, ok thanks. On to the third LBS with the clamp, same but they had one. Got home doesn't fit. Called Co-Motion. They say 28.6. Hmmm.... I call around NONE in the city.

So what do I do, call our friendly Campy expert, @ Vecchio's. Now I live in New Orleans, and they are in Co, I ask if they have it? Sure. Can you fed-ex it? Sure! Today I got it, fits like a champ and they gave me a Campy pro shop red hat with Vecchio on it! :banana:

Many thanks for the kind words, glad you got it.

Fixed
02-14-2012, 02:27 PM
we should maybe have a sticky called ask oldpatatoe
cheers :beer:

jr59
02-14-2012, 02:30 PM
It's really easy to pick up the phone and call. Super good guys there!

Opps...I shouldn't say that, now everyone will call... :crap:

beercan
02-14-2012, 02:32 PM
damn all these good stories about this shop, got to stop by when i am in town.

crownjewelwl
02-14-2012, 02:51 PM
are the vecchio's hats for sale??

flydhest
02-14-2012, 03:25 PM

yes, I have one.

mistermo
02-14-2012, 03:38 PM
Or, buy a jersey!

Gothard
02-14-2012, 03:54 PM
Peter has saved my butt several times with small, impossible to find parts.
I am in Switzerland.
They at Vecchio's are that good.

oldpotatoe
02-14-2012, 04:04 PM

Sure, cycling hat, red, blue(1 left) or white-$15

Podium hats-$20

see 'em here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vecchiosboulder/sets/72157625773302609/

short sleeve jerseys-$80-blue, $90 R/W/G

Long sleeve $100

Fishbike
02-14-2012, 04:26 PM
Don't ya just love good old-fashioned customer service. . . .

yakstone
02-14-2012, 05:57 PM
Ask to see the sticker selection.

godfrey1112000
02-14-2012, 07:00 PM
yes, I have one.

Me too,
along with the black wool Jersey, it is so warm I just sit in and read the Paceline threads

I don't even think I will get it sweaty on the bike :banana:

teleguy57
02-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Being a Wisconsin guy Vecchio's isn't my everyday LBS, but whenever I get to Boulder you bet I'm stopping in. Great service and conversations. Bought my first LS jersey there in 1984 (Veltec-Boyer team; yellow w/ USA stripes -- sure wish I hadn't given it away -- even if it would be a tight fit now:))

Picked up this LS one on my visit there in September:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/vecchiosboulder/5385137185/in/set-72157625773302609

Get lots of great comments on it, and what else should a Campy guy wear -- except maybe the Campy team ss jersey I got in Firenze two years ago:)

thinpin
02-14-2012, 08:25 PM
Ask to see the sticker selection.
Like the one on the bench?

cat6
02-14-2012, 08:31 PM

Aw shucks, thanks :beer:

I never had the seat post slippage problem, but you've got close to 100lbs on me, big guy! Glad Vecchio's was able to help you out, and hope you enjoy the bike.

witcombusa
03-14-2012, 06:02 PM
BIG shout out to Peter @ Vecchio's for all his help with Campy info on the "quirky" kit in the late 80's to early '90's time frame. His help has been invaluable on a few recent projects I've been working on!

Vecchio's in Boulder is my official favorite LBS.....that just happens to be 2000 miles away! :beer:

tiretrax
03-14-2012, 10:27 PM
I bought a Vecchio's jersey because of Peter's helpful postings. I look forward to sporting it on century rides this season.

paulh
03-15-2012, 05:11 AM
Guns don't kill people. People with mustaches kill people!

weiwentg
03-15-2012, 05:52 AM
just to add - Vecchios has got me parts for an ergo rebuild and changed my 9s levers to 10s (I couldn't be bothered with that one). I'd have had to pay through the nose at one of the local shops.

christian
03-15-2012, 05:56 AM
Jim just sent me a Centaur square-taper (far superior) Italian-threaded bottom bracket. Thanks!

(Can you believe that not a single LBS in NY or Westchester had one in stock?)

William
03-15-2012, 06:04 AM

Great news!! Maybe I should call since my seat post keeps slipping as well. :crap: They just don't make stuff with us Titans mind. ;)

William

572cv
03-15-2012, 06:09 AM
Big help recently with a square deal on a pewter finish sotto voce CK headset which goes perfectly with a clearcoat Meivici frame... Peter also helped out with the right Campy downtube FD clamp so I could use the FD I found. Good potatoes to deal with!

binxnyrwarrsoul
03-15-2012, 06:15 AM
Peter has helped me many times, and answered my questions (no mattter how ridiculous), without fail, many times. His help and expertise is well documented here. A true asset to this place.

oldpotatoe
03-15-2012, 06:20 AM
Jim just sent me a Centaur square-taper (far superior) Italian-threaded bottom bracket. Thanks!

That surprises me as well......no it doesn't. Most bike shops are lazy when it comes to things Italian(including BB threading, the far superior threading).

AngryScientist
03-15-2012, 06:35 AM

doesnt surprise me at all.

as a matter of fact, 11-sp campy has been out for how many years now, like 5? asking for an 11-sp chain at any LBS around here is like asking for some space age futurama device.

jr59
03-15-2012, 06:55 AM
Great news!! Maybe I should call since my seat post keeps slipping as well. :crap: They just don't make stuff with us Titans mind. ;)

William

I really think they don't care about us big guys.

Call Jim and Pete is always a good thing. They are top notch guys!
Like it's been said "real good potatos out there.

I can't hardly wait till NHBS next year when maybe I will get to see the campy tat in person!