PDA

View Full Version : Farrar: "Boonen's going like he's back on coke again"

Hartlin
02-10-2012, 03:26 PM
http://cyclismas.com/2012/02/farrar-blasts-garmin-barracuda-signings-and-team-tactics/

Worth the read.

Edited should say, "entertaining read".

firerescuefin
02-10-2012, 03:30 PM
There's a reason Hushvold left.

That's some pent up frustration from TF, although I've always thought he was a winer like JV.

Signed,

An admitted JV hater

christian
02-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Pssst, Geoff, it's saaaaaaatire. :)

cataņo
02-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Other breaking news on that site includes a report on Qatar's purchase of Belgium so they can include it in next year's ToQ.

firerescuefin
02-10-2012, 03:35 PM
Pssst, Geoff, it's saaaaaaatire. :)

Is it April 1st ;)

I was thinking to myself. "man TF really snapped"

I'll quietly go back to the rest of my day.

Joachim
02-10-2012, 03:40 PM
No way... I was going add that it's about time that Boonen gets back on coke. Thanks Geoff for being ahead of me. :)

jpw
02-10-2012, 03:45 PM
http://cyclismas.com/2012/02/farrar-blasts-garmin-barracuda-signings-and-team-tactics/

Worth the read.

Edited should say, "entertaining read".

New team sponsor demanding bang for their bucks I assume. JV is a whore.

oldpotatoe
02-10-2012, 04:55 PM

That's some pent up frustration from TF, although I've always thought he was a winer like JV.

Signed,

An admitted JV hater

ohhhh, "whiner'...I agree, he's not good enough to say smack like that about Boonen.

tiretrax
02-10-2012, 06:25 PM

Signed,

An admitted JV hater
Even if it is fake cycling news, it's spot on. So is your opinion of JV. Any DS who gets on the podium with his team after winning a stage is a _head. He can't get over the fact that he sucked as a rider. He has bad taste in fashion, too. He was lucky to get Hushovd from the merger with Cervelo. Thor couldn't get out of there fast enough, and was graceful the whole year depsite getting crapped on by JV.

GregL
02-10-2012, 07:31 PM
While I'm no JV fanboy, the assertion that he "sucked as a rider" is way off. He had some significant wins and placings over an 8 year pro career. Winning the US TT championship, the Route du Sud, and climbing stages of the Dauphine Libere is impressive in my book. Since then, he's built up a pro tour team with wins in Paris-Roubaix, Tour and Giro stages. His style may not be to everyone's (anyone's?) taste, but it's hard to argue with his successes.

- Greg

martinrjensen
02-10-2012, 08:39 PM
that was all a joke? If so it wasn't very funny

harryblack
02-10-2012, 09:06 PM
who's Tyler Farrar?

STFU and ride until you win about two dozen more big races...

Reminds of the bad old days when I knew some cross fanatics who talked up Jonathan Page all the time and would echo his excuses (if not cracks at other riders). Farrar is somewhat more talented than Page (who's not close to first rank) but come on.

I learned to dislike Vaughters back when he had a Cycle Sport column and his DS career hasn't changed my mind.

54ny77
02-11-2012, 03:42 AM
When will JV finally fess up to his own flinstone vitamin use?

Because US Postal and credit agricole were so clean.....

binxnyrwarrsoul
02-11-2012, 04:13 AM
Hushovd is a class act, Farrar could learn a thing or two from him.

jpw
02-11-2012, 05:18 AM
While I'm no JV fanboy, the assertion that he "sucked as a rider" is way off. He had some significant wins and placings over an 8 year pro career. Winning the US TT championship, the Route du Sud, and climbing stages of the Dauphine Libere is impressive in my book. Since then, he's built up a pro tour team with wins in Paris-Roubaix, Tour and Giro stages. His style may not be to everyone's (anyone's?) taste, but it's hard to argue with his successes.

- Greg

I could argue that. He has no class whatsoever. Win at all costs is for sociopaths.