PDA

View Full Version : Profeta Pedal Pack - Ups Deluxe

pjmsj21
02-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Is anyone familiar or have any experience with this travel case? My wife has a Trico but am looking for a second case for myself. TIA

Pat Mc

djg21
02-10-2012, 03:43 PM
Is anyone familiar or have any experience with this travel case? My wife has a Trico but am looking for a second case for myself. TIA

Pat Mc

I had a Profeta Pedal Pack that used for a while, and eventually sold on this forum.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=65153&highlight=profeta

It protected the bike well. You had to remove the seatpost, pedals, bars/stem and front wheel. The downside was that it obviously is a bike case, and you are going to pay to put it on an airplane.

pjmsj21
02-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the input as it sounds as if it worked reasonably well. We will likely send the bikes/cases via FedEx Ground, as I have heard they will stand a better chance than with the baggage handlers.

bargainguy
02-10-2012, 04:41 PM
True. FedEx Ground seems to work better than Oops Ground. YMMV.

My brother worked for Oops for 30+ years. One thing he said that I never forgot -- if you need to send something fragile, don't even think of sending it Oops Ground. They have a tendency to throw boxes in trailers without a second thought. He suggested 2nd day air, but with a bike, that gets pretty dang expensive.

Although they're not made anymore as far as I can tell, I have a couple of the Colorado Cyclist corrugated plastic clamshell boxes. Really tough to crush those puppies. I also have an ebikeshipper clamshell box that's kind of the heavy cardboard equivalent, but it would probably not withstand repeated trips like a hard shell box would.

Don