PDA

View Full Version : Show me a Picture .. of that $ 7999 tuna sandwich

Smiley
08-16-2005, 07:06 PM
Come on guys show us the goods . Ok what were you all thinking some owners club member was not going to leak the story here . I want to see it , ride it and touch it . By the way what's next ? If you charged anymore money would not have to supply an engine with it . How much does a Fat Boy cost anyway ?

Bruce K
08-16-2005, 08:26 PM
Smiley;

As I said in the other thread, I'll get some pix at Sunflower Revolution. I promise to tell you what it looks like and I promise I will touch it for you if Ben lets me.

No guarantees on a ride report. :rolleyes:

BK

Sandy
08-16-2005, 08:35 PM
I just found out the details. The bike is worth it. It is an Ottrott with one difference. It has my picture on each tube. They are selling it much too cheaply. :) :)

Sandy

Serotta_James
08-16-2005, 09:10 PM
Tomorrow...

ergott
08-16-2005, 09:29 PM
Tomorrow...

What time!!
:banana: :banana: :banana:

csb
08-16-2005, 09:31 PM
What time!!
:banana: :banana: :banana:

lunch time

Sandy
08-16-2005, 09:41 PM
Am I invited to lunch?? I didn't think so!! :)

Sad Sandy

dirtdigger88
08-16-2005, 10:04 PM
you gotta hand it to serotta- I'm not sure if they could have planned this kind of press- climb what cha think? 18,000 some odd views between the death of the CSi and the birth of the tuna- you cant buy that kind of press- Or can you :confused:

Jason

Serpico
08-16-2005, 10:10 PM
Tomorrow...

http://img3.buzznet.com/assets/users8/ziggurat/default/msg-1119591173-2.jpg

Spinsistah
08-16-2005, 10:12 PM
Smiley;

As I said in the other thread, I'll get some pix at Sunflower Revolution. I promise to tell you what it looks like and I promise I will touch it for you if Ben lets me.

No guarantees on a ride report. :rolleyes:

BK
Bruce, I planned on bringing my camera too, so we'll have plenty of shots.

Sandy
08-16-2005, 11:07 PM
It would be a genuine shame to make banana cream pie out of your dancing :banana: It's really good. Best dancing :banana: I have ever seen. How long did it take you to to teach it to dance so well?

Sandy

FunkyPorcini
08-17-2005, 12:35 AM
lunch time

Bring your Tuna Sammich for the show.

Climb01742
08-17-2005, 03:42 AM
you gotta hand it to serotta- I'm not sure if they could have planned this kind of press- climb what cha think? 18,000 some odd views between the death of the CSi and the birth of the tuna- you cant buy that kind of press- Or can you :confused:

Jason

it's always easy to criticize, but i'm glad serotta is so skilled at making bikes, because i think they have a bit of a tin ear for marketing. what they're doing makes good business sense, i believe, and based on their history, it will probably result in a great bike, but i guess i believe it all could have been handled, from a communications standpoint, better. for example, i don't believe serotta, as a company, fully understands or appreciates the power of this forum. this is an amazing tool they have at their disposal. other companies would kill to have this communications channel, this bond with committed customers. it's underutilized. i sometimes get the feeling that this forum is veiwed as a nuisance, when in truth, it may be one of the most valuable assets serotta has. of course, this opinion and a token will get me a ride on the subway. ;)

Sandy
08-17-2005, 06:22 AM
I was thinking yesterday that perhaps it was not fair of me to start my tuna fish sandwich thread, which basically seriously questioned the pricing of Serotta's new carbon bike relative to what is presently available in the market; that being done prior to its actual appearance and any ride reports. My personal thinking is that for many, including myself, the price is so high that there is little " bang for the bucks" or even "whimper for the bucks" or even " sound for the bucks". What relative "value" can such a bike have?

But I bought an Ottrott and the same can/could be said of my purchase. How do you define value? How do you make judgements for others? Probably most importantly, I started the post on Serotta's website, knowing that critical responses would be forthcoming, so perhaps I really had no right to do so. Serotta prices their bikes as they see fit, and it is none of my business how or why they do it.

So if I made an error in starting my tuna sandwich thread, then I apologize to you, Ben Serotta, and those at Serotta. My thread was started as a gut reaction to the very high price of the new carbon bike, with the realization that there are already some remarkably wonderful carbon (and steel, titanium...) bikes at prices so much lower than the new carbon Serotta (have no memory of its name).

Perhaps Serotta wants to get feedback of any kind on their new creation, especially from those who have a great passion for cycling- those who view and post on the Serotta Forum.

Sincere Sandy

Kevan
08-17-2005, 06:26 AM
introduced a new model garage door too for this bike's photo taking?

Sorry if I haven't been paying attention.

BumbleBeeDave
08-17-2005, 06:35 AM
<<I promise to tell you what it looks like and I promise I will touch it for you if Ben lets me.>>

Do we REALLY want pictures of this? Very disturbing . . . :eek:

BBD

Ozz
08-17-2005, 07:10 AM
introduced a new model garage door too for this bike's photo taking?

Sorry if I haven't been paying attention.
yes....guards not included.

Sandy
08-17-2005, 07:15 AM
Great picture! Really made me laugh.

Sandy

ergott
08-17-2005, 07:57 AM
yes....guards not included.

For that price I want the guards too!!!!!

Ozz
08-17-2005, 07:58 AM
Great picture! Really made me laugh.

Sandy
just trying to find things to laugh about this week.... :beer: