PDA

View Full Version : Look Blade Pedal Replacement 12nm Retention Clip

xodus
02-07-2012, 09:21 AM
One of the Carbon Retention Clips on my Look Blade pedals broke. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? Look won't honor the warranty, since it's been over 2 years.

cfox
02-07-2012, 09:34 AM
I broke one (should say it just broke; they was no impact), and the shop had to send it to Look for replacement. Originally shops were going to have the tool and replacement blades for the 20 second fix, but for some reason Look decided they wanted to handle it in-house. I guess mine were still under warranty, as they were fixed for free. I'm not sure what you mean about Look refusing to repair it; do you mean repair it for free or they won't repair it at all? The latter makes no sense at all, since there is no other way to have them fixed. Also, mine went straight to e-bay after Look repaired them. Having to ship your pedals to California for a simple fix is beyond ridiculous. Dumbest pedal system in the world. Oh, they squeaked, too.

xodus
02-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Thanks for responding. I contacted Look in France, who said they would not fix the pedal. I asked the cost. No further response. Heck, just sell me the clip and I'll fix it myself.

gone
02-07-2012, 09:40 AM
xodus: how did yours break? Just normal use or something traumatic?

I've got a couple of sets of these and like them but agree with cfox that having to send them to CA for a simple fix is dumb.

As far as squeaking is concerned, mine only squeak when they've got dust/dirt on either the pedal or cleat. If I keep them clean, no squeak.

xodus
02-07-2012, 09:44 AM
I went to clip out at a red light and I heard a snap. Nothing traumatic, just a regular stop. Didn't know what the deal was until I tried to clip in and saw the blade was gone. Found one half laying in the street. Had to one leg pedal back home. :bike:

cfox
02-07-2012, 09:49 AM
Thanks for responding. I contacted Look in France, who said they would not fix the pedal. I asked the cost. No further response. Heck, just sell me the clip and I'll fix it myself.
You need a Look dealer to get in touch with Look in the US for you. Look France will be of no help. I am positive Look US they will fix it for you, if not for free at most a nominal charge + shipping. When they fixed mine, the turn around was only about a week. Not bad, but still silly in the first place.

merckx
02-07-2012, 11:31 AM
imho, the keo max II is a better pedal. this information won't help you now, but i would consider them for future purchase.

xodus
02-08-2012, 07:22 AM
Thanks everyone for responding with information concerning my broken Look Blade pedal. I will get in touch with Look USA and update later.