PDA

View Full Version : Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

BumbleBeeDave
02-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Bombs Away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBD

gasman
02-06-2012, 09:37 PM
Who's paying for this Rodeo ?

Need contributions ??

Good job Keith !!!!!

BumbleBeeDave
02-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Who's paying for this Rodeo ?

Need contributions ??

Good job Keith !!!!!

We are working that out over the coming weeks. The hosting service would not accept payment in HandleBra.

Thanks for asking!

BBD

rbtmcardle
02-06-2012, 09:42 PM
Have no clue what the hosting is worth but I would certainly pony up for voluntary support..

eddief
02-06-2012, 09:55 PM
kinda like the best of the best bikes. let's try not to muck it up. what color goes with orange?

Louis
02-06-2012, 10:03 PM
I'm certainly happy that the Forum is continuing, but still think it's a shame Serotta wasn't able to make this whole thing work in a manner that better supported the brand.

Maybe it's just not possible to have an "open" forum that is closely associated with a given brand. I'm not sufficiently familiar with the web and fora in general to know if there are examples out there where this has worked, and if so, why.

I wish Serotta well whatever path the company ends up taking.

Steve in SLO
02-06-2012, 10:25 PM
kinda like the best of the best bikes. let's try not to muck it up. what color goes with orange?
Blue...like a Molteni Merckx or a Della Santa.

Jaq
02-06-2012, 10:56 PM
Does this make everyone pre Feb 6 a plankowner?

Spinner
02-07-2012, 07:17 AM
... my mushy brain wasn't ready for this today ... oh well ... nice letter Keith.

Cheers.

BumbleBeeDave
02-07-2012, 07:50 AM
... my mushy brain wasn't ready for this today ... oh well ... nice letter Keith.

Cheers.

. . . I wrote that.

BBD

MattTuck
02-07-2012, 08:34 AM
are WE across the hall now?

BumbleBeeDave
02-07-2012, 08:37 AM

We jumped out the window.

BBD

Joachim
02-07-2012, 08:39 AM

What is "across the hall"?

Come'on...someone had to say it...

BumbleBeeDave
02-07-2012, 09:23 AM
What is "across the hall"?

Come'on...someone had to say it...

We want to get through at least our first day without banning anybody! :D ;)

BBD

clweed
02-07-2012, 09:56 AM
bring back the orange

redir
02-07-2012, 09:56 AM
I have no idea what anyone is talking about but that movie is on my top ten of all time greats.

EDIT: Oh nevermind I see now. Hmm kind of a sad day then.

Well since the sticky suggested that it is open for ideas and opinions I'd say this. I've come here over the years for one purpose, to buy and sell on the classified and maybe have a nice discussion over here. If it strays away from the buy sell function then I think that would be too bad. IOW don't become another bikeforums.net. That's my 2cents.

ispy
02-07-2012, 01:21 PM
I've never had enough wisdom to contribute but have learned so much here. Thanks to the incredibly nice people hanging out here and of course Serotta for supporting it all this time. The Serotta Forum was really peerless; hope the new venue continues in the same spirit and more. Please let me know how to send funds to keep the new Paceline running.

Waldo
02-07-2012, 01:22 PM
The new color is painful.

Louis
02-07-2012, 01:49 PM
The new color is painful.

Agreed. The tan + blue clash big-time.

I assume they currently have bigger fish to fry, and will address it eventually. In the meantime, I won't be looking for bike paint ideas in the forum's color scheme.

Volant
02-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Agreed. The tan + blue clash big-time.

I assume they currently have bigger fish to fry, and will address it eventually. In the meantime, I won't be looking for bike paint ideas in the forum's color scheme.

That made me laugh. :beer:

JBone
02-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Hi, if you need some design help let me know... it's what I do for a living. We should also consider touch screen interactions, I actually look at the site on my phone everyday and hard to click around with text links. Especially now that you have the navigation to the homepage as a text link.

Thanks

Elefantino
02-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Hi, if you need some design help let me know... it's what I do for a living. We should also consider touch screen interactions, I actually look at the site on my phone everyday and hard to click around with text links. Especially now that you have the navigation to the homepage as a text link.

Thanks
I nominate you to do an phone app for us.

Android first.

palincss
02-07-2012, 05:55 PM

I don't know, but now that the content's back to blue, that khaki background simply doesn't go. It's not a make-you-want-to-puke clash, but it's still unsettling and dissonant.

JBone
02-08-2012, 12:21 AM
What about something like this? I think the biggest hitch is the colors of the new brand and how we are trying to work around the orange. May be if we utilize some of the blue and orange and subtly incorporate both colors in the brand and UI it will work :) I sort of like the mix of the colors in the Paceline image, it feels sort of early in the morning or late in the day... which is when I typically ride. ;) I also made the Paceline graphic fit the same width as the top navigation and in addition added the home button within the top nav. The rest of the colors are really subtle and not too saturated including the link colors. Lastly, I used the background gradient colors from the Serotta site to try and tie it in.

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/9712/serottaforum.jpg

Louis
02-08-2012, 01:15 AM
What about something like this?

+10,000

A vast improvement over the current all orange version.

BumbleBeeDave
02-08-2012, 05:39 AM
. . . even though it doesn't have any zebra stripes! :rolleyes:

Seriously, though, this looks great! I'm just not sure what's possible within the style and appearance options of the V-Bulletin software. We would also need to leave room for sponsors and possible future paid ads and allow for screen size on different monitors. That's why we didn't make the original logo larger.

Mr. JBone, please PM me! Let's see what we can do!

BBD

What about something like this? I think the biggest hitch is the colors of the new brand and how we are trying to work around the orange. May be if we utilize some of the blue and orange and subtly incorporate both colors in the brand and UI it will work :) I sort of like the mix of the colors in the Paceline image, it feels sort of early in the morning or late in the day... which is when I typically ride. ;) I also made the Paceline graphic fit the same width as the top navigation and in addition added the home button within the top nav. The rest of the colors are really subtle and not too saturated including the link colors. Lastly, I used the background gradient colors from the Serotta site to try and tie it in.

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/9712/serottaforum.jpg

William
02-08-2012, 06:00 AM
Seriously, though, this looks great!

O-M-G!!! :eek:

WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU DAVE??? You've gone middle of the road. Turn in your Zebra stripes right now!!

William

PS: Oh alright, It looks good. :cool: :)

Elefantino
02-08-2012, 06:13 AM
Might I suggest one subtle change ...

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l84/gmmtwo/pacelinetest.jpg

Keith A
02-08-2012, 08:52 AM
JBone -- Love it! Please get with BBDave or myself as we would really like to use some of your work!

Waldo
02-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Thank you for mellowing the original orange to whatever you call the present color. Now, it's easier to focus on the content without that distracting brightness.

Keith A
02-08-2012, 12:40 PM
Thank you for mellowing the original orange to whatever you call the present color. Now, it's easier to focus on the content without that distracting brightness.We aim to please.