PDA

View Full Version : Is cyclingfans website next? (Feds seize streaming sites)

MattTuck
02-02-2012, 12:49 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/02/us-website-seizures-idUSTRE8111UD20120202

Since cycling is only a niche sport here, I doubt the feds will be on it like stink on a monkey... but still, I hope I get to watch the classics live this year...

maybe I should be booking a ticket to Belgium for late march returning from Paris early April... :rolleyes:

Jawn P
02-02-2012, 01:20 PM
I would assume that because the UCI (or sporza, or Eurosport or whomever) aren't American companies, they simply don't care.

The whole crackdown on this is the premise that cutting down on piracy is going to save American jobs :rolleyes:

gemship
02-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Interesting as I did a pretty easy tube search on Google a few weeks ago and was able to watch Warhorse for free. A couple of days ago I found and watched The Grey for free. Already have seen Avatar for free. I'm no internet geek but the sites are there for those who have the time to search and view and deal with the constant buffering and pop up windows. I also found a site similar to Limewire or the late Napster with lots of free music.

tiretrax
02-02-2012, 04:51 PM
"Prosecutors said Quiroa, also known as Ronaldo Solano, operated his websites from his home in Comstock Park, Michigan, prior to his Wednesday arrest, receiving at least $13,000 from online merchants who advertised with him."

I am surprised at how little revenue he's received. It doesn't seem like he would be the guy they'd target.

Germany_chris
02-02-2012, 05:04 PM
"Prosecutors said Quiroa, also known as Ronaldo Solano, operated his websites from his home in Comstock Park, Michigan, prior to his Wednesday arrest, receiving at least $13,000 from online merchants who advertised with him."

I am surprised at how little revenue he's received. It doesn't seem like he would be the guy they'd target.

there's a great punk song that applies..

NOFX "Idiots are Taking Over"

Spin71
02-02-2012, 05:08 PM
Damn, there goes free MMA and NFL games.

Grant McLean
02-02-2012, 05:09 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/02/us-website-seizures-idUSTRE8111UD20120202

Since cycling is only a niche sport here, I doubt the feds will be on it like stink on a monkey... but still, I hope I get to watch the classics live this year...

maybe I should be booking a ticket to Belgium for late march returning from Paris early April... :rolleyes:

Must be superbowl related.

I have streamed cycling from the Cycling.tv site - but would be more
than willing to pay for the same service of getting Eurosport TV in
north america, something not likely to ever happen. Why is that?
Give us an option to buy what we want, and I believe lots of people
will pay (Look at iTunes as a model)

I don't download prirated music, movies, or tvshows from the web,
occasionally i try to find an audio documentary, stuff from the BBC
that i can't hear normally. Just today I was looking for a Pete Townsend
doc from last fall on the bbc, and got this: