PDA

View Full Version : OT: An App, for your cat?

William
02-02-2012, 12:21 PM
...Really? Well, at least it's free....

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c3#/video/world/2012/02/02/australia-cat-app.network-ten

Hmmm, I wonder..... If I toss Mrs William's iPad, will the Boxer fetch it and bring it back? Let's try it. :D

William

gemship
02-02-2012, 01:08 PM
who in their right mind would allow a cat to go jumping on their Ipad to catch mouses running onscreen. Huh?.... well that's what happened in the video posted. Sometimes when I'm comfy in bed with laptop and my cat jumps up to greet me and hang I'm always nervous and protective of the laptop.

zetroc
02-02-2012, 01:13 PM
iPad screens are pretty tough. I don't own one, but I can't imagine a cat doing much damage.

pedlpwrd
02-02-2012, 01:16 PM
My wife took "Socks", our cat, when she left. But Socks and I used to play chase the butterfly on the IPAD often. I enjoyed the app as a way to interact with my kitty.

gemship
02-02-2012, 01:25 PM
iPad screens are pretty tough. I don't own one, but I can't imagine a cat doing much damage.

they have these things called claws :rolleyes:

Aaron O
02-02-2012, 01:29 PM
I like the cat sounds ap...it keeps our kitties entertained (and is a great tool for getting them back in the house when they run out).

alexstar
02-02-2012, 01:47 PM
they have these things called claws :rolleyes:

Yeah but the screen is made of this thing called glass :rolleyes: My cats claw at the windows in my house all the time and I can still see through them just fine.

gemship
02-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Yeah but the screen is made of this thing called glass :rolleyes: My cats claw at the windows in my house all the time and I can still see through them just fine.

you know I'm not that familiar with the Ipad, I have a three year old Macbook. What you say is a glass screen I can only base on my experience and that glass just doesn't seem to me as scratch free, In fact it looks like fancy plastic and the Apple people even give me this fancy cloth to clean it with. There are some people in life that not only use stuff but don't seem to care if it gets scratched, dinged ect. I don't know... I don't see myself as anal but I just don't think it's right to let animals jump around on my expensive piece of electronics. :rolleyes: I do think that being a animal as such they can amuse and occupy themselves either at the window, or with a toy, catnip, having fish in a tank or just let them outside, point is stay away from the china.

btw- Joey is thirteen spends most of his time inside and eats all kinds of stuff and does just fine without a ipad.