PDA

View Full Version : Serotta??

ergott
08-15-2005, 10:05 AM
Did I get it right? I've been messing with GoogleEarth and can't stop!
www.earth.google.com
You need a relativly fast computer to enjoy.
Could make for very interesting ride reports!!!

Ginger
08-15-2005, 10:07 AM
Ha! I don't think so...that looks like the place over the hill...go east a little.

ergott
08-15-2005, 10:12 AM
Ha! I don't think so...that looks like the place over the hill...go east a little.

How 'bout that?

BumbleBeeDave
08-15-2005, 10:23 AM
. . That IS it! Below it across the street is Cady Hill, socialite Marylou Whitney's mansion. To the right just out of the picture is the Saratoga Spring Water bottling plant--right next to the Geyser Creek swamp. I'm totally serious. But I'm SURE they don't get the spring water out of there . . . :rolleyes:

Hey, isn't that Ben sunbathing naked in front of the factory? Where's my magnifying glass . . . ;)

BBDave

ergott
08-15-2005, 10:25 AM
Here's my training loop. 4 miles long on the outside road. It's flat as a pancake but you can count on the wind! The other benefit is there is no reason to stop. No lights, intersections, nothing. Kind of like a giant velodrome. Traffic is almost non-existant too. :banana: :banana:

-Eric

David Kirk
08-15-2005, 10:30 AM
Next time you visit Serotta take a look across the street at the Whitney place. There is a security hut at the gate and it's staffed 24/7 by a dummy. Not a stupid guy but a wooden dummy.

I bet she sleeps well knowing he's out there.

Dave

BumbleBeeDave
08-15-2005, 10:36 AM
. . . that was Sandy's part time job. :rolleyes:

BBDave

ergott
08-15-2005, 10:41 AM
Maybe that's me riding :banana: :banana:
I can't believe the resolution of this stuff. That is the path I take leading to the loop from the north.

-Eric

William
08-15-2005, 12:11 PM
Am I missing something? I see the farm house, the driveway/parking lot where it loops around the grass (where AR parked that big honkin red van smack-dab in the middle :D ), but I don't see the factory building. Maybe that green roof is blending in too much...camo, throw off the competition. That's it. :confused: ;)

William

Bradford
08-15-2005, 12:13 PM
I was thinking the same thing. When was the factory built? I think these pictures can be a couple of years old, but I'm not sure how many.

The satalite picture of my house was taken within the last 7 years, but I can't tell when.

William
08-15-2005, 12:35 PM
I was thinking the same thing. When was the factory built? I think these pictures can be a couple of years old, but I'm not sure how many.

The satalite picture of my house was taken within the last 7 years, but I can't tell when.

That's what I thought. They don't call me "Eagle Eye" for nothing. Or was it "pain in the arse"? "Eagle arse"? "Eye pain" :confused: "? I don't know. What was I talking about???

William ;)

aj4e
08-15-2005, 12:48 PM
I believe the factory construction began in late 2001 and was completed in summer '02. Even if the factory roof did happen to be a "camo" color and therefore rendered invisible :rolleyes: , the whole parking lot is definitely black and you can only see the front portion in the pic.

BumbleBeeDave
08-15-2005, 01:47 PM
. .. the factory IS there, but it's covered with camouflage netting to conceal it from the Seven Cycles spy planes which are continually flying over! :rolleyes:

BBDave

Dr. Doofus
08-15-2005, 02:02 PM
Too Tall's favorite Crit course...around The Winthrop Pond

Doof's hosue is just out of the top of the screen...