PDA

View Full Version : Hsg?

rspecker
01-29-2012, 11:11 PM
Looking at posts on the "Serotta restructures" saga it appears Serotta has eliminated a bunch of models.

Does Serotta sell a carbon bike in the $5000-$7000 range, with a fit that competes with Roubaix, Synapse and Madone 6.5 H2 or H3? With Ultegra level components and Dura Ace C24 wheels or similar.

I've read some posts that Serotta doesn't compete with these bikes.

As an owner of a 2001 Legend, and a big fan of the Serotta brand since finding it at "City Cycle" all those years ago, I'm sincerely wondering if Serotta sells a bike I can purchase.

I know that the Roubaix/Synapse/Madone are "mass market". I get that. But, many of my friends ride these bikes and love them. If Serotta can't sell to my crowd of mid-40's avid-cyclists who want light, stiff, smooth carbon bikes then who are they selling to?

I would rather ride a Serotta--but I won't pay $10,000+

I hope Serotta (still) makes my next bike.

Happy to pick it up in Poway!

KF9YR
01-30-2012, 12:12 AM
I had a Roubaix and loved the ride but wanted something special.

I bought an Ottrott in August. Dura-Ace, carbon wheels/hubs, etc.

I've ridden it 3000+ miles since then. It's an amazing bike. 14.9 lbs, great ride but it handles and accelerates much better than a Roubaix.

If you can't afford 10k+ you could look at used. See a good fitter, he will be able to let you know if you can fit on a "normal" frame geometry or if you need something special.

The classifieds here are a good place to start looking.

Good Luck and I hope you find something just right for you.

SPOKE
01-30-2012, 09:02 AM
Shouldn't be a problem getting an HSG Ready Custom or Super Comp for under $7k.