PDA

View Full Version : Merckx MXLs -

slowgoing
01-29-2012, 04:56 PM
A thread in the classifieds raised the issue of how many of us own MXLs or regret selling one. So let's put it in a poll.

Germany_chris
01-29-2012, 04:58 PM
Like the people in the classifieds I don't get the love for them..so please add why you are sorry you sold it or why you hang on to it.

texbike
01-29-2012, 06:02 PM
I have 2 now and have sold 1 in the past (ex-Gord Fraser Motorola bike).

Is a MXL the best bike in the world? Nope, but it's a damn good one.

Sure they're heavy and dated, but they respond well when you crank on the pedals, they turn in and hold their line when they're supposed to, the ride is nice and smooth, they have extensive competition history, they're lugged, and they look nice.

The bottom line is that they're nice, solid, honest bikes that do what they should.

Texbike

old_fat_and_slow
01-29-2012, 06:28 PM
Sorry, but I don't get the infatuation with MXL or Columbus Max tubed Merckxs. I got a Corsa 01 which I believe is similar to Corsa Extras and the frame is plenty stiff, and heavy, for a fat guy like me. To get an even stiffer and heavier frame would only be adviseable for dudes who are 250+. Sorry to burst the bubble, but jeesh, how stiff and heavy a frame do you really need? If you're a masochist, by all means go for it.

slowgoing
01-29-2012, 06:55 PM
Sorry, but I don't get the infatuation with MXL or Columbus Max tubed Merckxs. I got a Corsa 01 which I believe is similar to Corsa Extras and the frame is plenty stiff, and heavy, for a fat guy like me. To get an even stiffer and heavier frame would only be adviseable for dudes who are 250+. Sorry to burst the bubble, but jeesh, how stiff and heavy a frame do you really need? If you're a masochist, by all means go for it.

MXLs do not ride like just super stiff Corsa Extras. They are a completely different ride. If you haven't already, try it, you'll like it. ;)

gomango
01-29-2012, 06:59 PM

I currently have a Corsa, a Century, and a MXL.

I sold a super nice Corsa Extra two days ago, and a Merckx AX five weeks ago.

The MXL is coming from Bolzano this spring, so I don't have this for current reference.

However, I did ride the Century today.

It was fabulous, as was my 1988 Corsa when I rode it last week.

Any of these are very nice.

SPOKE
01-29-2012, 07:01 PM
I bought a Merckx reproduction model. It rides really well. Thinking about putting a new DA kit on it.

texbike
01-29-2012, 07:03 PM

What bubble are you bursting? If you haven't spent extended time on a MXL, how can you speak to their ride quality?

Both of my MXLs ride better than the Corsa Extra that I have. All are using the same, basic wheelsets and tires (DA hubs laced 3X to OPs w/PRs or Conti 4000s). Oh, and I'm about 160 lbs.

As for a weight comparison, my CE with 7400 DA (DT shifters and a Rolls Saddle) weighs 1 lb more than one of my MXLs (it has 7700 DA w/STI and an Arione), and is a 1/2 lb heavier than the other MXL (7400 DA w/STI and a vintage Flite saddle). So the weight difference between the CE and MXL is miniscule at best.

Again, I'm not saying that a MXL is the end all-be all, but it is a damn fine bike.

Cheers,

Texbike

zmudshark
01-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Depends on your size and riding style/road surface.

A Merckx SL is all I need. I can see the absolute need for someone else to own one, though.

professerr
01-29-2012, 07:25 PM
I've been looking at all three: Corsas, Corsa Extras and MXLs. I'd love to hear what those who have owned all three (or two) think about specific differences in the ride, stiffness, feel, control or whatever stands out to you. And perhaps your weight range (I'm 155lbs myself)

zmudshark
01-29-2012, 07:29 PM
I have a Professional. It has the geometry I prefer, even at 60+.

What you use the bike for determines the build, IMHO.

I ain't changing saddles, either.

professerr
01-29-2012, 07:38 PM

Isn't the Professional geometry the same as Corsa/Corsa Extra? (Apologies for the OT)

zmudshark
01-29-2012, 07:44 PM
Nope, not from my understanding. It is more 'Italian..De Rosa' geometry. Merckx has never published the (HT?) angles of the older bikes, to my knowledge.

I think this has been discussed, and I don't have an angle finder here, but I think the seat tube angles are substantially different.

dekindy
01-29-2012, 08:25 PM
If they are so great, why are they not still being manufactured? :rolleyes:

christian
01-29-2012, 08:37 PM
I have two. They're heavy I'm told, but they ride very nice and have very stable steering, which I strongly prefer. My only beef is the low seatstay bridge.

I did sell one (ex-Axel Merckx), but it was too big.

zmudshark
01-29-2012, 08:41 PM

Really? That's it?

christian
01-29-2012, 08:43 PM
If they are so great, why are they not still being manufactured? :rolleyes:Because the margin on production lugged steel bikes is vanishingly small?

kayten
01-29-2012, 08:53 PM
I had one, I sold it because it was the wrong size, one size smaller. It's a typical steel road bike, not fantastic. If you want lightweight or performance, you won't go wrong with the Peg Marcelo (I had two). For comfort, I'm happy with my Rivendell Romulus with 28c tires.

slowgoing
01-29-2012, 09:27 PM

To suggest that they can’t ride well because they aren’t made anymore is flawed logic. Maybe a better test to determine how they ride is to ride one.

oldpotatoe
01-30-2012, 07:34 AM
Like the people in the classifieds I don't get the love for them..so please add why you are sorry you sold it or why you hang on to it.

After owning and riding a lot of bikes, simply put, the MXLeader is the best riding bicycle frame I have ever had. Yep, completely subjective, but it rides much 'lighter' than it is, descends like no other, stable, stiff, good climber, comfy....looks great, will last forever...says 'Merckx' on it...

oldpotatoe
01-30-2012, 07:38 AM

Expensive to make. Lugsets particularly(those and tubesets made specifically for Merckx). Demand for steel in general way down in Europe, Merckx's and most all of the Euro frame makers main market. Low demand, low margin...off to carbon, carbon everywhere, made in Asia. Carbon is inexpensive to make, can be supplied in tons to race teams, win on sunday, sell on monday, type thing.

Lots of really great frames are no longer being made because of the above reasons.

tv_vt
01-30-2012, 07:40 AM
I had a Corsa Extra and it was a nice ride. Plenty stiff. Don't think it had Century geometry, and think that would've improved the ride. On the heavy side, too, but you really didn't notice. In a size 60, maybe an MXL would ride nice. I just haven't had a chance to try one. Very hard to find one at a good price these days.

Because of polls like this!

witcombusa
01-30-2012, 09:04 AM
After owning and riding a lot of bikes, simply put, the MXLeader is the best riding bicycle frame I have ever had. Yep, completely subjective, but it rides much 'lighter' than it is, descends like no other, stable, stiff, good climber, comfy....looks great, will last forever...says 'Merckx' on it...

I've been looking to add one to the stable....what kit are you running on yours? (I'm certain it's Campy something!)

Is yours a "tribute" model? Motorola, 7-Eleven?

How many years were the framesets produced? From ? to ?

Volant
01-30-2012, 09:07 AM
Why no check box for "Don't have one, don't want one"?

oldpotatoe
01-30-2012, 09:12 AM
I've been looking to add one to the stable....what kit are you running on yours? (I'm certain it's Campy something!)

Is yours a "tribute" model? Motorola, 7-Eleven?

How many years were the framesets produced? From ? to ?

C-Record/Deltas brakes..from about 1988. C Record hubs, DT friction shifters, 7s freewheel, Campagnolo Omega tubulars, of course.

Nope, just a dark colored frame, but gonna get it painted to 'Motorola' scheme but using Belgium national colors rather than Red/White/Blue.

I have a Molteni MXLeader handing on the wall in the shop with a 50th anniversary group on it. for display only, tho.

Fixed
01-30-2012, 09:23 AM

i can't say this about every bike
but every merckx i have ridden ,all have been stellar
smart cat +1
cheers

4Rings6Stars
01-30-2012, 09:48 AM
I've never had a bike descend as stable and as smooth as my MXL. It's also my most comfortable long distance ride...with a Brooks pro and an alloy Chorus 10 group it's no lightweight, but that's not a problem for me. I'm not racing and I'm not climbing mountains.

I weigh 165 lbs. fwiw.

Oh and you'll have to pry my MXL from my cold, dead hands.

bambam
01-30-2012, 11:33 AM
Got one back in November (59x59cm at 21.5 lbs)finally built it up and have ridden it 2 days (52 and 28 miles) this year. It just feels good. I've only been down one fairly boring hill but I love the way it tracks and want to take it down a more challenging hill. I have heavier bikes so the weight doesn't bother me if it is heavier. With a tailwind yesterday we were rolling on a flat road at 29-32 mph for a 5 mile stretch and is was smoooooth and had good feedback from the road. While standing in the climb and sprint the power just seemed to transfer all forward. It didn't seem like you lost anything left and right. BTW I'm 6 foot tall and weight 170 if it matters.

slowgoing
01-30-2012, 11:35 AM
Why no check box for "Don't have one, don't want one"?

I was thinking of this as a MXL appreciation poll. And I just put in the options that were mentioned in the recent classified for the 55cm MXL.

witcombusa
01-30-2012, 11:47 AM
C-Record/Deltas brakes..from about 1988. C Record hubs, DT friction shifters, 7s freewheel, Campagnolo Omega tubulars, of course.

Nope, just a dark colored frame, but gonna get it painted to 'Motorola' scheme but using Belgium national colors rather than Red/White/Blue.

I have a Molteni MXLeader handing on the wall in the shop with a 50th anniversary group on it. for display only, tho.

I remember seeing the Molteni MXL hanging @ the shop......

NICE :beer:

sw3759
01-30-2012, 12:29 PM
i am a little embaressed that i never got around to building mine up.i found a nib 55cm molteni some years ago after they stopped making them with any kind of chrome plating so i jumped on it thinking it was a likely i wouldn't see another one and i always loved the look of the max and the molteni scheme.
i knew at 145lb i wasn't big or powerful enough to take advantage of the benefits of the bike and was always interested in reading about the thoughts of folks my size that rode them,not that many out there that i've seen though.
i guess i need to finally get aroaund to building and see for myself...

Scott

Fishbike
01-30-2012, 12:49 PM
I am always looking for a small MXL or Corsa -- 48 cm - 50 cm. I like most steel, I like the Merckx history, I like most of the paint schemes and just think one would be a nice addition to the collection.

Climb01742
01-30-2012, 02:26 PM
everyone defines terms like 'stiff' differently and subjectively, but at 155 pounds and with the power output of a weasel, i never found my MXL stiff or over-built or too much bike and somehow its weight only felt like a penalty if i was lifting it, not if i was riding it. it was the smoothest ride over bad roads i've ever experienced. and maybe i'm getting soft as i get older but smoothness over bad roads, stable steering and rock-steady descending are nirvana to me.

if i had the cash and found a 57 or so from the '90s, i'd leap. not saying an MXL is right for everyone, but for me, it was very sweet.

pablo pinchasso
01-30-2012, 04:51 PM
I have owned 12 Mercxk over the years starting in 1982 with my First Professional then on 2 two others. And a New 86 Panasonic Corsa that now has over 100,000 miles on it over almost every mountain pass in Colorado and northern New Mexico there is absolutely a definite ride difference and quality that is simply unbelievable until you have put some hard miles in on the MX in the hills. Ron Keifel says it is made of Pig Iron….might be but the ride is of glass smooth. The way the power from your legs to the wheels to the ground is amazing.This is not the case with the Corsa. I am just now getting back under 200 after dealing with the side effects of weight gain and Prostate cancer hormone treatmen. And I hammer the Hell out of em…. I have ridden the MX since 04 and would not consider selling the MX”s…. Corsa’s yea starting to think that way…. 2 maybe…

roydyates
01-30-2012, 05:20 PM
Got one back in November (59x59cm)finally built it up and have ridden it 2 days (52 and 28 miles) this year. It just feels good. I've only been down one fairly boring hill but I love the way it tracks and want to take it down a more challenging hill. I have heavier bikes so the weight doesn't bother me if it is heavier. With a tailwind yesterday we were rolling on a flat road at 29-32 mph for a 5 mile stretch and is was smoooooth and had good feedback from the road. While standing in the climb and sprint the power just seemed to transfer all forward. It didn't seem like you lost anything left and right. BTW I'm 6 foot tall and weight 170 if it matters.

Didn't they tell you to
1) never buy a car in the rain
2) never judge a bike in a tailwind

Davefromaine
01-30-2012, 06:05 PM
I have owned 12 Mercxk over the years starting in 1982 with my First Professional then on 2 two others...

Pablo introduced Eddy Merckx bikes to me several years ago, finding me a beautiful Corsa 0.1 to buy. I ended up adding other Corsas in SL, SLX, and TSX - the TSX and Deda 0.1 being my favorite, but sadly I still haven't ridden an MXL. I'd love one though - especially after Pablo told me about his most recently acquired one that just jumps forward with each pedal stroke. The recent prices these have been going for make me regret not buying one years ago.

tsarpepe
01-31-2012, 03:34 AM
It's just very hard to figure out what this bike is for these days. It is not a true racing bike at the beginning of the 2010s, with so many much lighter options available. But it is not a pleasure riding bike either, being specifically engineered for extra stiffness and response. I guess it's a little bit of both, a racy steel horse, best suited for training, that is forgiving on the body, while allowing you to stomp hard if you feel like it. But even in this category there are presently so many advanced options--just in Dario's lineup, between the Duende (more comfort) and the Marcelo (more spring)--that the current prices people are paying for the MXL make me scratch my head. Of course, there is the aura (the last great racing bike made of steel, the name Merckx, team Motorola, etc.) and the lingering desire from those young days when we couldn't afford to buy one.

Climb01742
01-31-2012, 05:28 AM
It's just very hard to figure out what this bike is for these days.

until you ride one. ;)

christian
01-31-2012, 06:06 AM
But it is not a pleasure riding bike either, being specifically engineered for extra stiffness and response. I guess it's a little bit of both, a racy steel horse, best suited for training, that is forgiving on the body, while allowing you to stomp hard if you feel like it. But even in this category there are presently so many advanced options--just in Dario's lineup, between the Duende (more comfort) and the Marcelo (more spring)--that the current prices people are paying for the MXL make me scratch my head.

I don't think there's anything mysterious about it at all. Despite your misgivings, it's a very comfortable bicycle, and it gives up very little to the modern steel bikes.

I have two MX Leaders and a Pegoretti, and in truth their usage envelopes overlap almost entirely. I use my MXLs for everything from fast weekend rides to weeklong tours with a saddlebag.

My Pegoretti weighs about 2 pounds less than my MX Leader, but in terms of usage, I see them as interchangeable. If I could keep only one, it would be one of the MX Leaders.

slowgoing
01-31-2012, 07:16 AM
until you ride one. ;)

I think Climb has a point. Tsarpepe, I would be very interested to hear your opinion of the MXL after having ridden one.

pablo pinchasso
01-31-2012, 07:19 AM
I am always looking for a small MXL or Corsa -- 48 cm - 50 cm. I like most steel, I like the Merckx history, I like most of the paint schemes and just think one would be a nice addition to the collection.
54 was the smallest the MX came in ...sorry...

witcombusa
01-31-2012, 07:30 AM

How many years were they produced? From when to when?

oldpotatoe
01-31-2012, 07:54 AM
It's just very hard to figure out what this bike is for these days. It is not a true racing bike at the beginning of the 2010s, with so many much lighter options available. But it is not a pleasure riding bike either, being specifically engineered for extra stiffness and response. I guess it's a little bit of both, a racy steel horse, best suited for training, that is forgiving on the body, while allowing you to stomp hard if you feel like it. But even in this category there are presently so many advanced options--just in Dario's lineup, between the Duende (more comfort) and the Marcelo (more spring)--that the current prices people are paying for the MXL make me scratch my head. Of course, there is the aura (the last great racing bike made of steel, the name Merckx, team Motorola, etc.) and the lingering desire from those young days when we couldn't afford to buy one.

So how do you actually measure 'more spring' or 'more comfort'?

And I see, work on ohh so many light, LIGHT carbon bikes and even on a short, post tune test ride, they are unbelievable asspounders. How anybody actually rides these things in a race more than 15 minutes long is beyond me.

I would not characterize my MXLeaders as 'engineered for extra stiffness and response'.

They are comfy, stiff when climbing, stable, look great, last forever.

What makes me scratch my head is how somebody can buy a $10,000 carbon bike, without a long test ride, based on what some sponsored rider rides(win on sunday, sell on monday), cuz it's light......but often rides poorly to many.

Yep, carbon can be 'tuned' in ohh so many ways...but tuned to whom?

Climb01742
01-31-2012, 07:55 AM
something to be aware of: i've owned a mid-90s MXL and then one of the 100 re-issued, re-production frames from the mid-2000s. the re-issued frame rode_nothing_like the 'original'. personally, i'd only buy an 'original' again.

texbike
01-31-2012, 08:07 AM

I get this. There are a LOT of great options (both metal and carbon) these days for the prices that MXLs are bringing. I have a steel Peg that I enjoy the ride of more than the Merckx.

However, if I could only keep one of the bikes, I would choose the MX Leader since I like its myth and story (and it accomplishes everything that I need with my limited abilities).

Texbike

Uncle Jam's Army
01-31-2012, 08:24 AM
something to be aware of: i've owned a mid-90s MXL and then one of the 100 re-issued, re-production frames from the mid-2000s. the re-issued frame rode_nothing_like the 'original'. personally, i'd only buy an 'original' again.

Hey Climb, can you expand on the differences in ride? I'd be interested to read your thoughts on this, having just bought a re-issue. Reading the geometry table, it seems like the re-issue has the same geo, no?

Climb01742
01-31-2012, 08:52 AM
Hey Climb, can you expand on the differences in ride? I'd be interested to read your thoughts on this, having just bought a re-issue. Reading the geometry table, it seems like the re-issue has the same geo, no?

i wish i could give you a more analytical answer but the re-issue simply didn't have the same smooth, stable ride. it felt harsh. my only guess about why it rode differently was, could the way the 100 frames were built have be different than back in the 90s?

but as this thread illustrates, the MXL is a very subjective thing among riders. i hope yours rocks it for you.

tsarpepe
01-31-2012, 09:34 AM
I get this. There are a LOT of great options (both metal and carbon) these days for the prices that MXLs are bringing. I have a steel Peg that I enjoy the ride of more than the Merckx.

However, if I could only keep one of the bikes, I would choose the MX Leader since I like its myth and story (and it accomplishes everything that I need with my limited abilities).

Texbike

And I completely understand this. My post was not meant to demean MXL (I think somewhere in there I called it "the last great race bike made of steel"). I did make allowances for people who appreciate its history and aura. I'll be the first person to say that we don't ride simply metallic constructions, but also desires, memories, nostalgias, brand-mystique, and hype. The fun we get from the bike is a complex combination of our physical experience while riding and all the psychological-emotional investments we have put into the seemingly lifeless thing on two wheels.

oldpotatoe
01-31-2012, 09:37 AM
i wish i could give you a more analytical answer but the re-issue simply didn't have the same smooth, stable ride. it felt harsh. my only guess about why it rode differently was, could the way the 100 frames were built have be different than back in the 90s?

but as this thread illustrates, the MXL is a very subjective thing about riders. i hope yours rocks it for you.

Hmmm, had a one of 100 reintroduced and also now have an older, probably from mid 90s MXLeader and gotta say they rode pretty similarly to me(sold the Motorola one, shouldn't have). Both 58s. Both steel forks. Same group/wheels on both.

The last 100 were either older, unpainted and in a warehouse or made from NOS tubesets and lugsets. Nothing new was made/sourced for the last 100 according to what a guy at Gita told me.

Climb01742
01-31-2012, 10:21 AM
Hmmm, had a one of 100 reintroduced and also now have an older, probably from mid 90s MXLeader and gotta say they rode pretty similarly to me(sold the Motorola one, shouldn't have). Both 58s. Both steel forks. Same group/wheels on both.

The last 100 were either older, unpainted and in a warehouse or made from NOS tubesets and lugsets. Nothing new was made/sourced for the last 100 according to what a guy at Gita told me.

when in doubt, trust old spud over me. :beer: as i said, very subjective.

Fixed
01-31-2012, 11:05 AM
i trust both of you guys
art is in the eye of the beholder
2 of the best posters on the forum imho
cheers

bambam
01-31-2012, 11:43 AM
Didn't they tell you to
1) never buy a car in the rain
2) never judge a bike in a tailwind

Not judging simply on the tail wind. This was a group ride. At the end of the flat stretch was the hill. At the top of the hill I asked others" how did everybody get so far ahead?". Someone mentioned there were only 2 ahead of us. Looking back, I do remember me and one other rider kept dropping people and picking up and dropping others. He said we droppded about 8 riders. I'm just saying, That bike rocks! :D Althougth it weighs 21-22 lbs.

4Rings6Stars
01-31-2012, 12:00 PM

Don't tell that to my 53 ;)

Edit: I think mine might actually be a 52 now that I think about it...

tsarpepe
01-31-2012, 12:13 PM
Not judging simply on the tail wind. This was a group ride. At the end of the flat stretch was the hill. At the top of the hill I asked others" how did everybody get so far ahead?". Someone mentioned there were only 2 ahead of us. Looking back, I do remember me and one other rider kept dropping people and picking up and dropping others. He said we droppded about 8 riders. I'm just saying, That bike rocks! :D Althougth it weighs 21-22 lbs.

If you dropped your peloton on an MXL, you should be able to do it on about 300 other bike models, atmo

bambam
01-31-2012, 12:37 PM
If you dropped your peloton on an MXL, you should be able to do it on about 300 other bike models, atmo

Your right, not the only bike I have done this on and I'm not always at the front. Somedays the biking gods just smile on you and line everything up. Sometimes that mental edge is all you need as well and maybe with the stories of this bike they help the mental preparation.

I know hearing people talk about Sachs, Pegs, Crumpton,etc make me wonder how they ride as well. The MXL was just the next one on that same list that seemed obtainable at the time. Having too many quality bikes to choose from is a problem I hope that never goes away and I would consider the MXL a quality bike.

BamBam

texbike
01-31-2012, 12:56 PM
I'll be the first person to say that we don't ride simply metallic constructions, but also desires, memories, nostalgias, brand-mystique, and hype. The fun we get from the bike is a complex combination of our physical experience while riding and all the psychological-emotional investments we have put into the seemingly lifeless thing on two wheels.

Great perspective!

Texbike

slowgoing
01-31-2012, 02:04 PM

I recall that for the 100 reissued MXLs, the smallest size was a 54, but I don't recall that being the case for the originals.

pablo pinchasso
01-31-2012, 02:47 PM

yea think you are correct...52 not 54.....

learlove
01-31-2012, 11:53 PM
I had an MXL (1996) that I bought NOS from wrenchscience in 2006.

I've also had a corsa extra and corsa 01.

I loved the MXL but went custom and have not looked back.

Mine was a 52. Slightly small for me. A 53 which I rode also was slightly big. Really splitting hairs because both fit just not perfect. So I went and talked with a custom builder in 2008 and he gave me the best of both worlds. Basically fit wise the seat tube of a 52 and the top tube of a 53 with setback right in the middle of a 53/52.

As for tubing he used True Temper OX Platinum - 35mm down tube and 31mm seat and top tubes. Its just as stout as the MXL.

The only problem with the TT OX is a small selection of 30.4 seatposts.

I have no plans for another road bike after this one other than having peter build me another exactly the same as a spare.

Here are some pics of what I replaced the MXL with. It's now red (repainted after a repair when I dented the DT when it was 2 months old) to match its brother (track bike) also made from TT OX plat.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=79486

learlove
01-31-2012, 11:54 PM
I recall that for the 100 reissued MXLs, the smallest size was a 54, but I don't recall that being the case for the originals.

the orginials were made in all sizes. the remakes started a 54 and up.

pablo pinchasso
02-05-2012, 11:38 AM
My mistake ...they did make a 52cm, this is one of the 92 era MXL because it has chrome on the chainstay.....and the red and grey stripe on the top tube.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200710026776&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

will check before I submit next time

pablo pinchasso
02-05-2012, 08:40 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EDDY-MERCKX-MX-LEADER-FRAME-NOS-COLOMBUS-MXL-TUBING-/320843146245?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab3bde405

I give up.....they keep getting smaller...next a 49cm??? my wife's sizee....??

NEW OLD STOCK

SIZE 51

SEAT TUBE 51 CM CC

TOP TUBE 53 CM CC

HEAD TUBE 10 CM

MUST BE PAINTED

CHROMS ARE VERY NICE

SUPERFICIAL OXYDATION BUT NO RUST.