PDA

View Full Version : Witness my awesome power :0)

Germany_chris
01-29-2012, 03:22 PM
Yes forum this is what 20 Watts of power will do to an unmaintained chain while climbing a hill ;)

Louis
01-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Yes forum this is what 20 Watts of power will do to an unmaintained chain while climbing a hill ;)

No way. I'd say at least 30 W.

I hope that that was not your bike. If it was, you should be banned from the forum. :bike: :)

Germany_chris
01-29-2012, 03:52 PM
Yes I must admit that is the chain on my commuter..

Hi my name is Chris and I'm a bad mechanic :p

firerescuefin
01-29-2012, 04:08 PM
Bane...you're banned. :no: Mod's let's make it happen.

They're going to love you over at V Salon. Say some BS that makes you sound like a late 70's pimp riding a Colnago and you'll quickly become an ICON. :cool:

Good luck...and good riddens ;).

AgilisMerlin
01-29-2012, 04:17 PM
I thought "awesome power" was a new Colnago frameset. doh!

MattTuck
01-29-2012, 04:19 PM
I hope you weren't out of the saddle when that chain 'malfunction' occurred... for the sake of your gametes.

firerescuefin
01-29-2012, 04:21 PM
I hope you were wearing a helmet. :fight:

mike p
01-29-2012, 04:23 PM
Hope he was wearing a cup!

Mike

Germany_chris
01-29-2012, 04:26 PM
I hope you were wearing a helmet. :fight:

You know better than that..I saved myself from a terrible walking pace collision with the asphalt but using my cat like reflexes ;) and putting my foot down..

I think a swore a bit about crappy old chains though..

Louis
01-29-2012, 04:41 PM
I think a swore a bit about crappy old chains though..

I don't think you can blame the chain for that one. :no:

Bruce K
01-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Did I hear something about someone needing banning?

:rolleyes: :cool: :beer:

BK

soulspinner
01-29-2012, 04:44 PM
Wipperman, been there :rolleyes: Glad you are OK.

Germany_chris
01-29-2012, 04:52 PM
Wipperman, been there :rolleyes: Glad you are OK.

I honestly don't remember what it is and Wippermans do tend to be my favorite chains..I just tried to scrape some gunk off :o to see if there was a marking and I don't see one..Maybe it is Wipperman

Steve in SLO
01-29-2012, 06:34 PM
Big deal, I can do that just by mishifting.
I can't put out 20 watts, though. PM me with your training secrets.

SEABREEZE
01-29-2012, 06:43 PM
Yes forum this is what 20 Watts of power will do to an unmaintained chain while climbing a hill

Your hired to spin the wheels at my home to have electricity.

Glad no serious injury occured !!!

Germany_chris
01-30-2012, 06:34 AM
So when I told my wife about the walk of shame, she attributed it to my increased girth not my amazing power ;)

Actually she sorta laughed a bit when I talked about my awesome power :crap:

ultraman6970
01-30-2012, 07:15 AM
Did you hit your nutz???

avalonracing
01-30-2012, 07:36 AM
Late last summer a broken Ultegra chain threw me to the pavement at 5:40AM during a standing climb... It hurt like hell. A couple days ago I spoke to an orthopedic surgeon about pain in my shoulder joint. He asked I had taken an impact there in the past few months. Once I explained the incident he said, "Yup, that was it. The bad part is that this pain may be here for a year" :crap:

I keep very clean chains and inspect them regularly nevertheless they can break without warning.

Germany_chris
01-30-2012, 07:41 AM
Did you hit your nutz???

No I wasn't going fast enough..

Germany_chris
01-30-2012, 07:45 AM
Late last summer a broken Ultegra chain threw me to the pavement at 5:40AM during a standing climb... It hurt like hell. A couple days ago I spoke to an orthopedic surgeon about pain in my shoulder joint. He asked I had taken an impact there in the past few months. Once I explained the incident he said, "Yup, that was it. The bad part is that this pain may be here for a year" :crap:

I keep very clean chains and inspect them regularly nevertheless they can break without warning.

I don't do anything at 0500 anything thank you for reminding me why...nothing good happens in the morning..

I broke my collar bone in a DH snow race in 02 I'd get strange pains in my shoulder for a couple years so I do understand

AgilisMerlin
01-30-2012, 07:46 AM

there was a bad run of ultegra chains, 10spd - i think
the newer, with cut out/plate single side

avalonracing
01-30-2012, 08:03 AM
I don't do anything at 0500 anything thank you for reminding me why...nothing good happens in the morning..

Trust me I was only doing 6AM group rides because we were getting 100ºF days in the late afternoon.