PDA

View Full Version : Vittoria Randonneur ?

FierteTi52
08-14-2005, 03:13 PM
I ride a cross bike for foul weather and general bashing. I have been using Panaracer Paselas for road riding and Kenda Kwick cross tires for off road. Nashbar has the Vittoria Randoneuer's currently on sale. I'm thinking about buying a set. Any opinions out there?
Jeff

dirtdigger88
08-14-2005, 03:50 PM
Jeff- I tried to look at nashbars site to see the tires- I couldnt find them- post a link or tell me more about the tires- please

jason

dbrk
08-14-2005, 03:59 PM
I've tried several versions of the Vittoria Randonneur and sizes too. I prefer the even wider 42c but these 35 or 37c that Nashbar is advertising are nice tires. They are likely a heavier tire than the Pasela. The "new" Pasela beats the older one with the raised middle tread hands down. I prefer the Vittoria to either, though it is, 430g if you count such things...it never much matters to me.

dbrk

FierteTi52
08-14-2005, 04:47 PM
Dirt,
I checked Nashbar's site and the Randonneur's are no longer listed. Bummer! You might want to give the Kenda Kwick 700 x 30 cross tires a try on the new ride. Nashbar has them on sale for $14.95. I use them on and off road. They actualy roll OK on the road and would be great for dirt roads and gravel paths.

DBRK,
I have the raised center version of the Pasela 700 x x35. According to what I have read, the Pasela's are lighter than the Radonneur's. Considering they are not listed on Nashbar's site, I guess I'll stick with the Pasela's
Jeff

Ken Robb
08-14-2005, 11:51 PM
I had 700x32 in Pasela and Randoneur. The pasela measured 28mm wide and the randoneur 30mm on the same rim. The pasela seemed taller than 28mm though. The pasela was way lighter.