PDA

View Full Version : centaur power shift sticking

don compton
01-27-2012, 10:49 AM
I had to replace my wife's old Chorus QS levers with new Centaur powershift levers. When downshifting the front derailleur, sometimes the downshift button sticks ( only when going form 52 to the 39 ). I tried triflow and it shifts fine only part of the time. It does not stick going from the middle ring to the small ring and never when upshifting. Any thoughts? :confused:

don compton
01-27-2012, 10:52 AM
I had to replace my wife's old Chorus QS levers with new Centaur powershift levers. When downshifting the front derailleur, sometimes the downshift button sticks ( only when going form 52 to the 39 ). I tried triflow and it shifts fine only part of the time. It does not stick going from the middle ring to the small ring and never when upshifting. Any thoughts? :confused:
Also, sometimes I have to pull up the downshift button. ( the spring sometimes doesn't return the button).

AngryScientist
01-27-2012, 11:39 AM
its the hoods. they slide forward a little and bind the button up a bit. i've enlarged the hole for the thumb lever a bit with a razor blade and all is good.

don compton
01-27-2012, 12:05 PM
its the hoods. they slide forward a little and bind the button up a bit. i've enlarged the hole for the thumb lever a bit with a razor blade and all is good.
Thanks for your suggestion. I just trimmed the hole around the button and the button has more freedom. Hopefully, that's the fix.
Thanks, Don

AngryScientist
01-27-2012, 12:17 PM
yea, that was definitely the fix for my veloce levers Don, you could tell right away when it was happening too if I rotated the hoods out of the way, the lever would be instantly free to spring back. the trim should certainly solve the problem.

bambam
01-27-2012, 12:18 PM
This happens to me on occasion as well.
I thought I was just hitting both levers at the same time.
Thanks for the pointer AS. I'll have to check mine out as well.
BamBam

Ralph
01-27-2012, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the tip. I'm in process of replacing Campy 9 speed shifters on my daily rider with 10's Centaur Powershifts. Something to be aware of.