PDA

View Full Version : i miss kelme

Climb01742
08-14-2005, 05:22 AM
i was digging through my jerseys yesterday and found my old kelme jersey. man i miss that team. the little team that could. small and fiesty. that's what the pro tour may cost racing, the small under-funded, but over-achieving underdog teams. thank heavens this year's giro had selle italia. at the tour, the small french teams wild-carded in don't always animate things like kelme once did (save for thomas voelker (sp?) and his bakery teammates.) long live the spirit of kelme!

JasonF
08-14-2005, 06:04 AM
I know what you mean. That, in addition to the Kelme Merckx of the late '80s...I would love to pick up a frame in that color combo..

cs124
08-14-2005, 06:42 AM
I know what you mean. That, in addition to the Kelme Merckx of the late '80s...I would love to pick up a frame in that color combo..

cool looking bike... funny, I was out sprinted for a prime on this morning's bunch ride by a guy on a Gios Compact, the same as what they rode in the early '90s...seems Kelme have entered the zeitgeist ;) at least for the next 15 minutes...

Climb01742
08-14-2005, 07:17 AM
gios blue...was there ever a prettier blue?

Bill Bove
08-14-2005, 08:56 AM
No there wasn't a prettier blue but I've always been partial to Once's PINK

William
08-14-2005, 09:57 AM

How do you pronounce that again???? ;)

Kelme was always good for shaking things up in the hills. They created a lot of opportunities for themselves in the tour during the Indurain reign. Those were mainly on days when the overall leaders weren't worried about them too much as a threat to the GC. The only problem was that if they couldn't shed off the rest of the break, they would generally lose the sprint since everyone on the team always seemed to be purly climbers. Anyway, they were always fun to watch.

Henon Buenohora (I know, I butcherd his name) anyone? Anyone.

William

The Spider
08-15-2005, 03:58 AM

Am I the only one who thinks the magenta (fuschia - whatever) of T-Mobile is incredibly ugly....I never see anyone wearing it in this neck of the woods and there aren't that many team giants either...has anyone noticed it being a popular kit anywhere?

Climb01742
08-15-2005, 04:10 AM
Am I the only one who thinks the magenta (fuschia - whatever) of T-Mobile is incredibly ugly....I never see anyone wearing it in this neck of the woods and there aren't that many team giants either...has anyone noticed it being a popular kit anywhere?

butt-ugly, IMO. this year's TdF t-mobile frames looked marginally better simply 'cause there was less magenta/fuschia/whatever.

The Spider
08-15-2005, 05:00 AM
I will also state the the same T Mobile colour for the womens team and the San Fran competition....pink flames outlined in white with the black....looked pretty good (so did the woman's bikes).

Which leads to a new rule....flame jobs can make ANYTHING look better!

William
08-15-2005, 05:35 AM
With all due respect to Bill B., Pink as anything other then an accent color just doesn't do it for me personally.

William :)

BumbleBeeDave
08-15-2005, 06:43 AM
. . . You are talking about BIKES, right? There are quite a few nice things that are pink.

BBDave

sspielman
08-15-2005, 06:59 AM
Hernan Buenahora was set to win the Tour of Colombia prior to his misfortune on the last stage...so he is still around and still talented, but is now riding for a small Colombian squad.....

How do you pronounce that again???? ;)

Kelme was always good for shaking things up in the hills. They created a lot of opportunities for themselves in the tour during the Indurain reign. Those were mainly on days when the overall leaders weren't worried about them too much as a threat to the GC. The only problem was that if they couldn't shed off the rest of the break, they would generally lose the sprint since everyone on the team always seemed to be purly climbers. Anyway, they were always fun to watch.

Henon Buenohora (I know, I butcherd his name) anyone? Anyone.

William