PDA

View Full Version : Enve Ti brake mounting hardware

Hank Scorpio
01-25-2012, 01:52 PM
Anyone have a source for the recessed nut that would fit an Enve 2.0 fork? I have a normal steel one but it is so heavy it is slowing me down. I was looking through Toronto cyles page but I can't find any that will work. The Reynolds one doesn't fit either.

foo_fighter
01-25-2012, 03:42 PM
I got the 25mm one and it works fine.

SoCalSteve
01-25-2012, 10:30 PM
Anyone have a source for the recessed nut that would fit an Enve 2.0 fork? I have a normal steel one but it is so heavy it is slowing me down. I was looking through Toronto cyles page but I can't find any that will work. The Reynolds one doesn't fit either.

Post of the day!!!!

harro
01-26-2012, 02:23 AM
try enve?

fogrider
01-26-2012, 03:37 AM
IMO, in save general, bolts is not a great place to save weight because there just is not that much weight to save and ti bolts are not cheap. so to save a few grams you will pay more than a buck to save a gram. and as Bruce Barcott wrote in Bicycling Mag, 19 grams..."find a small egg. boil it. cut it in half. throw half of it away and what is left is about 19 grams."

I'm pretty sure you won't find 19 grams on a recessed brake bolt; now if you can save 50 grams on something, it might be worth it.

btw, on the toronto ti hardware page, they have recessed brake bolts in many lengths, near the bottom of the page.

Hank Scorpio
01-26-2012, 07:04 AM
It has to be nearly between 6.21 and 11.47 pounds. I tried Enve they said use whatever fits. I will look harder at the Toronto cycles page. I have a long boring shift ahead of me today.

Thanks for the replies.

oldpotatoe
01-26-2012, 07:09 AM
IMO, in save general, bolts is not a great place to save weight because there just is not that much weight to save and ti bolts are not cheap. so to save a few grams you will pay more than a buck to save a gram. and as Bruce Barcott wrote in Bicycling Mag, 19 grams..."find a small egg. boil it. cut it in half. throw half of it away and what is left is about 19 grams."

I'm pretty sure you won't find 19 grams on a recessed brake bolt; now if you can save 50 grams on something, it might be worth it.

btw, on the toronto ti hardware page, they have recessed brake bolts in many lengths, near the bottom of the page.

Do ya suppose he was kidding about the weight?

AngryScientist
01-26-2012, 07:13 AM
slightly aside - in my opinion, fork brake nuts should all be, at a minimum, stainless steel. if you ride when its even the least bit wet out, that nut gets soaked over and over, and they are almost always corroded.

chrome plating for that nut is nonsense IMO. i'd be happy to pay for a ti or stainless nut, especially in that location, not for weight, but corrosion resistance.