PDA

View Full Version : Battenkill Computrainer File??

FastforaSlowGuy
01-24-2012, 07:11 AM
I confess, I won't ride outside when the mercury dips below 30 F. So getting ready for my first Tour of the Battenkill will mean some quality trainer time. Luckily, I have periodic access to a computrainer. I was thinking of loading the race course on there and doing some "pre-rides" in these cold months. The only file I can find online is 55mi, about 7mi short of the real thing. It's very likely that someone just rode a portion of the course, but I'd rather have the whole thing. If anyone has a Computrainer file - or a Garmin file that I could convert - I'd be very appreciative.

stuckey
01-24-2012, 07:42 AM
The best place to ask may be the Wattage group on google.
http://groups.google.com/group/wattage

Tom
01-24-2012, 08:47 AM
Get the DeLorme adapter software.

BumbleBeeDave
01-24-2012, 09:04 AM
. . . the course for this year (which incoprorates changes) or just any Battenkill course so as to get a feel for the terrain? Dieter was selling training DVD's a couple of years ago.

BBD

FastforaSlowGuy
01-24-2012, 09:50 AM
Hmm.... I forgot about the recent course changes. It sounds like this year's is a bit easier, so I'd be happy taking a tougher course from a previous year.

BumbleBeeDave
01-24-2012, 10:28 AM
. . . has been dropped, as has Mountain Road which skirts the shoulder of Willar Mountain. But now there's a new dirt climb on Cheese Factory Road just before Meeting House Road. Should change the character of the race and force everyone to change strategy even if they have done the race before.

Here you go . . .

http://www.battenkilltraining.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ToBdvd09

Looks like $30 and you're good to go! Suffer! . . . uh, I mean "Enjoy!" :D

BBD

wai2fast
01-25-2012, 04:04 PM
Glad I'm not doing Battenkill this year! Love/hate relationship with this race. I would highly recommend riding as many dirt roads as possible prior to the race and doing it on your race wheels.

FastforaSlowGuy
01-25-2012, 04:09 PM
I should probably know this, but can anyone recommend dirt roads in the greater Boston Metro area (or North Shore/Merrimack Valley)? I've taken my road bike out to the Minuteman trail for a few miles on the sand/dirt/gravel there, but a rutted dirt road with hills is a different animal.

1centaur
01-25-2012, 06:05 PM
Bruce K can probably answer this better than I can, but there's a road up the Ipswich edge of Bradley Palmer that's pretty rough and then there's a dirt track in Bradley Palmer that 'cross guys train on, plus I think one more dirt road near Pingree, so at least a few close to each other for some variety. Dirt with hills I have not seen up here.