PDA

View Full Version : Fizik Aliante vs. Flite

Tailwinds
08-13-2005, 10:39 AM
Has anyone ridden both of these saddles? Are they similar?

Kevin
08-13-2005, 10:55 AM
I love my Alliante. Very comfortable.

Kevin

Johny
08-13-2005, 11:21 AM
Alliante has a sweet spot and feels soft. Flite feels solid without any particular sweet spots.

I vote for the Arione although I heard it is not designed for women.

Tailwinds
08-13-2005, 12:01 PM
Women's saddles don't work for me. I like the men's Flite (no gel, no cutouts, just plain ol' Flite), but I might be willing to try the Aliante since it looks kinda similar, and it comes in blue... would look sweet on my new Kirk, but a switching saddles is kind of a major thing.

TmcDet
08-13-2005, 12:40 PM
I have an Aliante, and a Flite. The Flite that I used was the Serrota saddle with the cut out in the middle so it wasn't the solid Flite. The Aliante has more padding in it and feels softer than the Flite other than that I don't feel that much difference in them.

pale scotsman
08-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Not even close for me. The flite gel I had was like sitting on a 2x4 after a couple hours. The Aliante is bliss. Tried the Arione as well but went back to the Aliante.

RichMc
08-13-2005, 12:48 PM
Everybody has their own particular sit. I went from the Flite to the Aliante and thought it was the best thing I'd ever done as far as saddles go. I also use the Arione on one of the bikes so I like them both. After a week in the saddle with the Arione I was getting the internal saddle sores. If I do those long rides again I will use the Aliante. The new Selle Italia Signo looks interesting you know.

victoryfactory
08-13-2005, 02:23 PM
Not even close for me. The flite gel I had was like sitting on a 2x4 after a couple hours. The Aliante is bliss. Tried the Arione as well but went back to the Aliante.

I TOTALLY agree, The flite seems to have a rounded, hump-like shape,
while the aliante has more of a "cradle" I recently switched to the aliante
after many years on the Terry Fly and flite, no comparison, Aliante is the best
I've ever used.

Flite = busted hump
Aliante = Happy hump

VF

Ray
08-13-2005, 02:53 PM
Also couldn't stand the flite for more than an hour or two. I ride the aliante all day without problems. Best roadie saddle I've used, with the B-17 the best touring/all round saddle.

-Ray

ZippRider
08-13-2005, 02:55 PM
Has anyone ridden both of these saddles? Are they similar?

Tailwinds, are you aware of the Vitesse from Fizik? It is a women's version of the Aliante... Very similar

ZippRider

chrisroph
08-13-2005, 03:07 PM
I've got some baby blue almost new carbon railed aliantes that don't work for me at all. If interested, send me a pm.

peacefulwarrior
08-13-2005, 03:38 PM
I am in the minority on this one. I have tried both the Aliante and Arione; however, for my butt, the Flite Gel Flow (with the cut out) provedes the most comfort. The bottom line is that everyone is a bit different in the way they are built and the way in which they ride. If it is possible, borrow a saddle from a friend or a friendly shop; take it for an extended ride. Allow your own body to be the ulitmate judge.

Tailwinds
08-13-2005, 08:27 PM
Zipp, yes, I used to have the Vitesse but prefer the Flite. Thanks for all the responses.