PDA

View Full Version : Effed up Lance Story

aLexis
08-12-2005, 04:35 PM
Since I'm bored with the CSi thread, I thought I would start one of my own.

A friend and former coworker of mine was recently diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She lives in Austin, and had to go to Houston to see a doctor and attend a support group with other girls her age (early twenties). During the group meeting, they had a scheduled conference call with Lance Armstrong. My friend, a cyclist, was really excited to talk to him, and even more excited when he said they should ride together. Great!

She told her friend who told his friend who works at the Lance Armstrong Foundation how cool the call was. So our friend at the LAF tells Lance that the girl he talked to the day before was really happy, etc, etc. Only Lance didn't have a conference call the day before, and had no idea what she was talking about. Lance was of course not happy about the whole event, and they are going to try and figure out ***? He did say that he would certainly go out on a ride with her anyhow. Great!

No word yet on the outcome, but I thought it was kind of weird.

EPOJoe
08-12-2005, 04:43 PM
Another rare appearance by the mysterious chimeric twin?

Bill Bove
08-12-2005, 05:14 PM
That's kind of lame, the LAF using a stand in Lance. I remember a major league baseball player suing the league because he saw all kinds of stuff with "his" autograph on it in a league sanctioned store.

Alexis, keep us posted on how your friend is doing. My mom died of ovarian cancer 15 years ago. Things have gotten much better since then.

aLexis
08-12-2005, 10:46 PM
The LAF did not know anything about it either. A mystery to all indeed. I talked to my friend last night, and she sounded very positive, as do her doctors. I hope she will be riding again soon.