PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to ride with me?????

William
08-12-2005, 03:43 PM
1896 Schwinn Quint
http://www.nostalgic.net/arc/pre1920/1896%20Schwinn%20Quint%201.jpg

William ;)

FunkyPorcini
08-12-2005, 03:44 PM
whole new meaning to passing wind

William
08-12-2005, 03:53 PM
Riding the other Quint could be dangerous:
http://www.artshole.co.uk/arts/artists/matthew%20brookes/ode-to-mr-quint.jpg

...Japanese submarine slammed two torpedoes into our side, chief. It was comin' back, from the island of Tinian Delady, just delivered the bomb. The Hiroshima bomb. Eleven hundred men went into the water. Vessel went down in twelve minutes. Didn't see the first shark for about a half an hour. Tiger. Thirteen footer. You know, how you know that when you're in the water, chief? You tell by lookin' from the dorsal to the tail. Well, what we didn't know. `Cause our bomb mission had been so secret, no distress signal had been sent. They didn't even list us overdue for a week. Very first light, chief. The sharks come cruisin'. So we formed ourselves into tight groups. You know it's... kinda like `ol squares in battle like a, you see on a calendar, like the battle of Waterloo. And the idea was, the shark comes to the nearest man and then he'd start poundin' and hollerin' and screamin' and sometimes the shark would go away. Sometimes he wouldn't go away. Sometimes that shark, he looks right into you. Right into your eyes. You know the thing about a shark, he's got... lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'. Until he bites ya and those black eyes roll over white. And then, ah then you hear that terrible high pitch screamin' and the ocean turns red and spite of all the poundin' and the hollerin' they all come in and rip you to pieces. Y'know by the end of that first dawn, lost a hundred men! I don't know how many sharks, maybe a thousand! I don't know how many men, they averaged six an hour. On Thursday mornin' chief, I bumped into a friend of mine, Herbie Robinson from Cleveland. Baseball player, bosom's mate. I thought he was asleep, reached over to wake him up. He Bobbed up and down in the water, just like a kinda top. Up ended. Well... well he'd been bitten in half below the waist. Noon the fifth day, Mr. Hooper, a Lockheed Ventura saw us, he swung in low and he saw us. He's a young pilot, a lot younger than Mr. Hooper here, anyway he saw us and come in low. And three hours later a big fat PBY comes down and starts to pick us up. You know that was the time I was most frightened? Waitin' for my turn. I'll never put on a lifejacket again. So, eleven hundred men went in the water, three hundred and sixteen men come out, and the sharks took the rest, June the 29, 1945. Anyway, we delivered the bomb.

What did William watch last night??? :confused:

William

JohnS
08-12-2005, 04:00 PM
Can't think of the name of the program, but the name of the ship was the USS Indianapolis.

gasman
08-12-2005, 05:40 PM
What did William watch--
Da-dum Da-dum Da-dum Da-dum Da-dumDa-dumDa-dum

The scariest movie at the time to take your girlfriend to and have her hold you close. :D

Too bad they made sequels.

dirtdigger88
08-12-2005, 06:12 PM
check out these "bikes"

http://www.geocities.com/rcgilmore3/prone.htm

jason

Kevan
08-12-2005, 06:48 PM
to goup sex. I don't think you'd be safe from him in any seat you chose.

Sandy
08-12-2005, 07:17 PM
Actually, I would prefer riding with 4 dogs and myself- A Greyhound for speed, a Border Collie for strategy, A Pit Bull for tenacity and to scare people off, and a Saint Bernard for strength. I would be there for beauty, of course. :)

Body Beautiful,

Sandy

Michael Maddox
08-12-2005, 07:25 PM
I got it before the hint. Jaws is pretty good, and that's about the best real monologue in the movie. One of the best in any movie, I think.

William
08-12-2005, 08:18 PM
I got it before the hint. Jaws is pretty good, and that's about the best real monologue in the movie. One of the best in any movie, I think.
I agree, to watch, listen, and see Robert Shaw's delivery is pretty amazing. Academy award material in my opinion. The cool thing is that monologue wasn't originally in the script. Shaw wrote it the night before shooting the scene in the cabin. And it's a true event.

One of my all time favs.

William