PDA

View Full Version : SO did I break it

dsimon
01-22-2012, 08:51 AM
"So you see what had happened was" I was doing my 45 minute trainer ride and my wife come in and hands me the phone so naturally I stop to talk and once I started back to ridding it made this god awful clicking noise. its a cyclops i have had it a few years never really used it till this year. So can I fix it or do i need to trash it??? :crap:

Liberace
01-22-2012, 09:00 AM
"So you see what had happened was" I was doing my 45 minute trainer ride and my wife come in and hands me the phone so naturally I stop to talk and once I started back to ridding it made this god awful clicking noise. its a cyclops i have had it a few years never really used it till this year. So can I fix it or do i need to trash it??? :crap:
If its a magneto it may be a defective unit.

AngryScientist
01-22-2012, 11:03 AM
Cyclops has awesome customer service, whatevers wrong, they'll likely help you out with- call them.

nannon
01-22-2012, 11:55 AM
It might be under warranty call em

dsimon
01-22-2012, 06:21 PM
I highly doubt it and i bought it second hand 4-5 years ago but thanks maybe i need to bight the bullet and buy a new one just was being hopeful that a dab of oil would help

Louis
01-22-2012, 07:02 PM
Take it apart and see if you can identify the source of the noise.

jonnyBgood
01-23-2012, 09:52 AM
Well...if it is a CycleOps then it has a LIFETIME WARRANTY.

Take it to your local shop and have them help you locate the problem, if you can't find it. The shop can send in whatever part that is having the issue and Saris will send out a new part.

You won't get a completely new unit but you will get the part that is causing the issue.

I work at a shop that sells Saris (CycleOps) and we have warrantied plenty of different parts over the years with no issues what so ever from Saris.

If your shop gives you problems I would then call Saris direct and tell them the problem.

tiretrax
01-23-2012, 11:25 AM
Well...if it is a CycleOps then it has a LIFETIME WARRANTY.

Take it to your local shop and have them help you locate the problem, if you can't find it. The shop can send in whatever part that is having the issue and Saris will send out a new part.

You won't get a completely new unit but you will get the part that is causing the issue.

I work at a shop that sells Saris (CycleOps) and we have warrantied plenty of different parts over the years with no issues what so ever from Saris.

If your shop gives you problems I would then call Saris direct and tell them the problem.
I wonder if you should keep the second hand ownership to yourself.