PDA

View Full Version : Museeuw MC bikes

FastforaSlowGuy
01-20-2012, 08:26 AM
I'm looking at building up either a BMC Race Machine or a Museeuw MC-2. There are plenty of reviews out there on the RM01, but limited US distribution means that there is far less on the MC-2. I know a guy who rides one and loves it, but that's one data point. Does anyone have experience with the MC line of bikes? These are the ones with more carbon/less flax than the MF line (which someone on here wrote about years back). I'd also appreciate a frame weight, if anyone has it.

tv_vt
01-20-2012, 08:29 AM
I've seen a guy on one on some of the Prouty Cancer support rides in New Hampshire. I think he's affiliated with R and A Cycles, maybe one of the owners. He really likes the frames. Have you checked at R&A?

Thom

FastforaSlowGuy
01-20-2012, 12:17 PM
R&A does not appear to sell them, but ATA Cycles is a distributor. That's where I've met my one data point. As much as I love the shop, though, I'm hoping to get a broader consensus on the ride, weight, etc. All the media coverage was of the MF frames, which have a lot more flax. I'm looking at this for my primary road race bike, so I want some measure of comfort but don't want to lose snappy acceleration.

Black Dog
01-20-2012, 02:44 PM
For all it is worth, I think that BMC does all of it's manufacturing in house and Museeuw is farmed out and you will get good service from BMC in the states. I do not ride a BMC and have no horse in this race.

Cheers...Daryl

tv_vt
01-20-2012, 04:29 PM
ATA - that may have been the affiliation of the rider I met, too. Don't think they're seen much around these parts.