PDA

View Full Version : Training week

FastforaSlowGuy
01-18-2012, 07:23 PM
I'm putting together my 2012 plan, and it looks really similar week to week. Most of my training has been this way (eg Wednesday=endurance ride, tuesday=skills, etc). Anyone have a more interesting structure? I've thought of going to a 10 day cycle rather than 7 justo mix it up a bit, but that gets tricky.

AngryScientist
01-18-2012, 07:41 PM
You call it a training week- are you actually training for something?? If you are, your weeks should we different week to week aiming at peaking at your event. If not, why adopt a rigid structure- adapt each week to oportunities that arise...

FastforaSlowGuy
01-18-2012, 07:52 PM
By training week I mean a week in my annual training plan. Yes, I follow a periodization approach, but within a phase (eg Base 1, 4 weeks) I tend to have the same days off (Mondays) and do the same *category* of workout on a specific week day, all leading to improvement in a certain area. There is a certain symmetry to weeks with this approach, so I'm interested to see what others do to spice things up? Is it just a matter of expanding my workout "library?"

commfire
01-18-2012, 07:55 PM
I agree, if you are training for a special race or event you may find a structured 6-8 week build better and easier to commit to.
If not, I like to set goals for myself in the off season such as hours or mileage per week