PDA

View Full Version : topics

steel515
01-17-2012, 05:48 PM
I see tons of threads except about Serotta bikes. Is this like a general chat room? Cancer treatment? Tickets to soccer match? dog treats?

I thought this was a discussion specifically about Serotta bikes. There are other websites for this kind of banter.
This is not even talking about bikes!

I'm just trying to get 10 posts but noone even replies to my comments, its really difficult.

pedlpwrd
01-17-2012, 05:53 PM
General discussion is where the forumites can discuss life at large. This segment helps build a community of people whos common thread is their love of cycling, but there are plenty of topics regarding cycling parts, rides, and the beloved Serotta itself. Please feel free to start a post regarding ONLY Serotta and you will be amazed at the wonderful people you will meet here in the General Discussions area of the forum. I am fairly new to the site myself and have partaken in many many bonding experiences to this wonderful community.

Jason E
01-17-2012, 06:03 PM
Steel, jump on in. Sometimes it takes a while to get traction if you are new or have not been on in a while, as the topics may have already been discussed recently. Tell us about your bikes!

Welcome!

Louis
01-17-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm just trying to get 10 posts but noone even replies to my comments, its really difficult.

Post a picture of one of your bikes (preferably a really ugly one, or with a funky set-up), be prepared to defend your choices, and we can get the conversation rolling.

OK, I was just kidding.

As was said above, given the age of the forum it gets harder and harder to come up with new things to discuss. Perhaps if Serotta brought back the CSi and priced it at $1499 / frameset we could talk about that, but I don't think that that's in the cards.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Louis

Edit - I see that you've been registered since Feb '11. Surely you could have found something to post over that time. We're not that boring, are we? ;)

Jason E
01-17-2012, 06:19 PM
Louis,

It's going to be $1,699 ($200 more) but only offered in Black. I'll take two.

Steel, this is an example of a thread getting traction, then experiencing thread-drift.

JE

1centaur
01-17-2012, 06:19 PM
Just looking at the front page, the vast majority of threads are cycling related. Over time I think the proportion is over 2/3rds every time I checked. Most Serotta topics have been discussed once or twice (or so) at this point by the people who post here most, but they like it enough to hang around and discuss other topics while waiting for cycling topics to come back around. I certainly think there's more informed Serotta content here than anywhere else, so if it's Serotta info and opinion you seek, this is the spot.