PDA

View Full Version : bikeroutetoaser.com problem

Ti-Boy
01-17-2012, 07:05 AM
I use bikeroutetoaster.com extensively. Recently I developed a problem. I can create and save a course, but I get an error message when I try to load the course to my Garmin 705. The older rides load with no problem. I tried deleting some courses, but to no avail. Anyone have a similar experience who can offer some help? I've tried from my pc and my mac with the same results.
Thanks

roydyates
01-17-2012, 08:18 AM
I use bikeroutetoaster.com extensively. Recently I developed a problem. I can create and save a course, but I get an error message when I try to load the course to my Garmin 705. The older rides load with no problem. I tried deleting some courses, but to no avail. Anyone have a similar experience who can offer some help? I've tried from my pc and my mac with the same results.
Thanks
I haven't seen this, but I also haven't downloaded a course to my garmin since early december.

Are you downloading directly to the garmin from the webpage or do you first save the file locally on your computer and then copy/drag it over to the folder on the garmin?

I always use the latter method, even though it's annoying. In any case, my experience is that downloading to the garmin gets weird when the number of downloaded courses approaches 50 or so. Weird in the sense that a downloaded .tcx file will be visible on the computer when the garmin is connected but hidden when the garmin is running standalone. Moreover, deleting some other tcx files on the garmin will make ther missing file reappear.

Ti-Boy
01-17-2012, 05:05 PM
I load directly from the site. I keep my unit clean, so there are no other courses.

JLP
01-17-2012, 06:22 PM
I have found that site to be amazingly buggy. But it's worth what I paid for it.

I also have better luck if I save the file to my computer and then copy and paste it to the "course" directory on the GPS.

When you do this, however, it will show up with some default name (that I forget right now) instead of the name of the file. You can correct this by opening the file with a text editor and changing the name somewhere in the top few lines.

I know!

But it's all I have.

Ti-Boy
01-18-2012, 06:32 AM
Thanks for the help. I tried your approach, but get the same error message. I'm just baffled as to why old courses will load and new ones will not.