PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye to an old freind / why I love this place

Bruce K
01-16-2012, 11:39 AM
So 93legendti has purchased my Concours frame, fork, and headset.

It was my first "serious bike", my first custom bike, and my first Serotta. The fleet has gotten too big for now and one had to go.

I have held this one a long time despite minimal use the last few years but I finally came to the realization it needed a home where it would be ridden and appreciated.

It bears Owner's Club ID badge #18 which long time Serotta folks can tell you was about #3 of the retail bikes listed in the OC, the first batch going to Ben and employees, the next batch going to Founders like Pete and Spokes.

I am really glad there was someone here who appreciates what this bike is and will (hopefully) enjoy it as much as I have. It's like sending it off to live with an uncle or cousin - in other words a little like family.

I still have other Serottas that will be ridden long and hard as I am still a fan of the bikes, the ride, etc.

BK

fourflys
01-16-2012, 12:10 PM
very cool! :hello:

SEABREEZE
01-16-2012, 07:18 PM
The first Serotta I ever rode, it was a love affair, know why you kept it so long.

Fixed
01-16-2012, 08:18 PM
you could not get a better buyer
it will be well taken care of imho
cheers :beer:

93legendti
01-16-2012, 09:43 PM
Thanks Fixed.

I love this place too. I sold my too big for me Concours the same day, so I can make way for Bruce's Concours. You can't beat that.

It was fun talking to Bruce, after all these years- putting a voice to the forum handle.

I've sold lots of frames/frame sets/bikes/forks here-and bought my fair share.

Thanks, Bruce. Thanks, Serotta.

Jason E
01-16-2012, 09:45 PM
Adam,

When are we gonna see some pics? I have to see what you are going to have in the pipeline in a few years. :)

Jason

jlwdm
01-16-2012, 09:48 PM
Bruce

What year did you get it?

Jeff

Steve in SLO
01-16-2012, 09:48 PM
When I read your title I thought you had lost a dog.
Thank goodness you have just passed on a great bike to a deserving rider.

93legendti
01-16-2012, 09:51 PM
Adam,

When are we gonna see some pics? I have to see what you are going to have in the pipeline in a few years. :)

Jason
:) Jason, he hasn't even shipped it yet!!! Ok, here's a tease: it's blue. :)

Bruce K
01-17-2012, 04:57 AM
I got it the winter of 1999-2000. It was originally Midnight Blue with white decals edged in black in the half paint / half polish paint scheme.

Shortly after the factory grand opening I took advantage of the discounted refinishing offer to the Owner's Club and it was repainted Cobalt Blue with pure white decals in the same paint scheme.

It is really a very nice looking machine.

BK