PDA

View Full Version : mes amis les Americans

eros poli
01-15-2012, 09:14 AM
Ciao a tutti un grazie a Buzz to suggesting this blog and for the nice introduction Thank you all for the 'welcome.
My English is not perfect and I often use google translator. :rolleyes:
Easier to talk than to write, :) easier to ride than talk... :beer:
I'll try to do my best to answer some of your questions.
Eros

Smiley
01-15-2012, 09:20 AM
Eros,
Question for you please. Since you are such a big guy did you ever ride professionally a stock bike size or were your bikes custom made for you. Additionally have you a preference for bikes with long or shorter trails when doing grand road races involving fast decents. Thanks

William
01-15-2012, 09:23 AM
Welcome to the forum Eros.

The moment I always remember you by was in the 95 Tour De France when you and Skibby went off the front near the end of stage from Pau to Bordeaux. Man I was rooting for you guys to pull that off. When Ekimov bridged up I was thinking you three might just keep the gap on the rest of the peloton. I wasn't to be but it certainly was exciting to watch.

Eros and Skibby take off at about the 22min mark...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_AHNqGKORA

William

rugbysecondrow
01-15-2012, 09:25 AM
I wish I could ride as well as I talk.

:beer:

Welcome!

Ahneida Ride
01-15-2012, 11:25 AM
I wish I could ride as well as I talk.

:beer:

Welcome!

I cna't eveen speek Engleech !

Ti Designs
01-15-2012, 11:35 AM

So let's ride...

tannhauser
01-15-2012, 12:07 PM
Ciao a tutti un grazie a Buzz to suggesting this blog and for the nice introduction Thank you all for the 'welcome.
My English is not perfect and I often use google translator. :rolleyes:
I'll try to do my best to answer some of your questions.
Eros

Hi Eros, welcome!

Ok, what is your background and how did you start on the bike?

54ny77
01-15-2012, 12:08 PM
AWESOME video!

Welcome Mr. Poli!

I can't even fathom how fast & hard those few k must have been. :beer:

Welcome to the forum Eros.

The moment I always remember you by was in the 95 Tour De France when you and Skibby went off the front near the end of stage from Pau to Bordeaux. Man I was rooting for you guys to pull that off. When Ekimov bridged up I was thinking you three might just keep the gap on the rest of the peloton. I wasn't to be but it certainly was exciting to watch.

Eros and Skibby take off at about the 22min mark...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_AHNqGKORA

William

eros poli
01-18-2012, 03:03 PM
Eros,
Question for you please. Since you are such a big guy did you ever ride professionally a stock bike size or were your bikes custom made for you. Additionally have you a preference for bikes with long or shorter trails when doing grand road races involving fast decents. Thanks
Sempre custom bike...in the picture that Pinarello was made by Pegoretti..
in 94' Dario was a Pinarello frame builder for the tall gauy..Cipollini..indurain...

long trails..

eros poli
01-18-2012, 03:07 PM
Hi Eros, welcome!

Ok, what is your background and how did you start on the bike?
13 in 1976 Italian petrol crisis, the cars could not run on Sundays, my father bought a racing bike and I start followed him

jr59
01-18-2012, 03:12 PM
Thanks Eros!

I am glad to see you post here!

eros poli
01-18-2012, 03:13 PM
13 in 1976 Italian petrol crisis, the cars could not run on Sundays, my father bought a racing bike and I start followed him

I decided to leave the school as a mechanic for the world championships in Mexico in 1980 ... my father said ok, I'll support you until your 21st year but after you have to make a decision. On August 5, the eve of my 21st birthday I won the gold medal at the Los Angeles Olympics in the 100km team trial

Pete Serotta
01-18-2012, 03:17 PM
Never.....

I apologize for my New York language.

Regards. pete

rnhood
01-18-2012, 04:23 PM
No wonder Dario Pegoretti is such a respected frame builder. I guess his client list reads like a who's who in cycling.

My compliments on the gold at the LA Olympics. That is quite a feat given the competition in the Olympics. Very commendable.

tannhauser
01-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Sempre custom bike...in the picture that Pinarello was made by Pegoretti..
in 94' Dario was a Pinarello frame builder for the tall gauy..Cipollini..indurain...

long trails..

Thanks. Gas is expensive now and a lot of people are riding their bikes. Do you see many people in Italy (?) who go from riding for transportation to racing?

majorpat
01-19-2012, 12:30 PM
Welcome aboard, Eros!

Pat