PDA

View Full Version : Wheel ???

dsimon
01-14-2012, 06:41 AM
want to get a new wheel set and would like some feedback think about a set of neutrons or a set of DT Swiss. :confused:

reforester
01-14-2012, 06:49 AM
Without busting the bank these hubs are the best stainless steel bearing hubs I have found. If you are looking for a set of wheels in aluminum this is a good combination. They also make a ceramic bearing hub for their carbon rims but I have no experience with them. Just coincidentally I have an extra set of wheels 28 spoke front and rear with 240s hubs and DT Swiss rims and spokes built by Joe Young in Texas. Extremely low mileage and they look as new. If interested let me know.

gtxpro2
01-14-2012, 06:54 AM
Maybe look at one of the wheel builder websites online... they always have a deal of some sort

oldpotatoe
01-14-2012, 08:09 AM
want to get a new wheel set and would like some feedback think about a set of neutrons or a set of DT Swiss. :confused:

Do you have a wheelbuilder locally that can design and build a wheelset specifically for you and your needs?

The resulting wheelset, if designed and built well, will be

-as light or lighter
-built specifically for you
-probably be more durable
-won't need specific to those wheel, parts, like spokes
-probably cost less $

However, beware of those wheelbuilders(like a lot of MO) that will build you anything you ask for...like light rim, thin spokes, low spoke count....for a larger rider, when they know it won't be reliable.

Good design, purpose driven design is as important as the build quality.

gtxpro2
01-14-2012, 09:39 AM
you might want to look into sourcing a set of hope pro 3 hubs from europe. I did this for my girlfriend's cx tubulars and saved a ton of money sourcing them this way.... they were purchased from chainreactioncycles or wiggle i forget

my local shop then built up the wheelset and they are killer