01-13-2012, 06:06 AM
Jus Sayin

jpw
01-13-2012, 06:07 AM
Jus Sayin

Is there more to come?

jpw
01-13-2012, 06:15 AM
I think he should license the dropout design to some up-and-coming cycling hipsters and allow them to make frames with his guidance for the urban metrosexual hip crowd under a street smart brand name with an appropriate marketing style...and take a slice of their company's equity. The brand name should have a link to Serotta without being 'Serotta'. Perhaps the brand name begins with 'S' and uses the Serotta 'S' logotype but is a different name, something 'sexy', 'hip', whatever. Not in Saratoga Springs. Not for doctors and dentists. No crash protection. For the twentysomething brigade.

AngryScientist
01-13-2012, 06:22 AM
I have ran/owned a more successful bike business than Seratta and I'm qualified to give advice.

I don't know what I'm talking about but this is the internet and it's fun to pretend.

you probably meant this as a joke, but it's really rather insulting IMO. :rolleyes:

I am constantly amazed at the depth of experience that resides on this forum. We have doctors, lawyers, rally car drivers, bike shop owners, employees, and 1000 other perspectives.

it would be foolish to think that "qualified advice" for ANY situation can or should only come from one source, or demographic. that would be narrow minded at best, and certainly unproductive.

We dont know if Ben or others at Serotta are reading our responses or not, but each of the threads on topic is usually full of lots of good ideas, and differing perspectives from people all over the world, financial spectrum, professional industry, etc.

godfrey1112000
01-13-2012, 06:25 AM
How funny

Spelling and giving business advice in the same post

Please spend energy on things like writting your congress person on correcting the problems that face us, I am sure they will appreciate your imput,

Not being harsh but....

Fidn the sepll cehkfer on the procsor :crap:

Now vote because it is really important

Remember you get what you pay for: Free Advice

William
01-13-2012, 06:33 AM
Hmm, I guess then if you aren't a bike mechanic, builder, racer, or involved in the bike biz at all none of you have any business posting anything on a bike-centric internet forum ........

YOU ARE NOT QUALIFIED!!!!

:rolleyes: Poop to that!

William

Chance
01-13-2012, 06:34 AM
it would be foolish to think that "qualified advice" for ANY situation can or should only come from one source, or demographic. that would be narrow minded at best, and certainly unproductive.

Very common outlook. "Not invented here" mindset is global.

Climb01742
01-13-2012, 06:54 AM
every successful business is based, in part, on consumer research, on understanding what your audience thinks, wants, feels, values. even small research projects cost tens of thousands of dollars. taken together, all these threads are consumer research. for free. hopefully there is someone at serotta, or advising serotta, who has the skill to find the wheat in the chaff. every single person on this forum is qualified to give any company who has the sense to listen an insight into what serotta's market thinks. for free.

Dr. Sparrow
01-13-2012, 07:20 AM
, but it's really rather insulting IMO. :rolleyes:

You are insulted because I question your ability to give Ben constructive advice, but Ben should be thankful that you question his ability to run his own buisness? :crap: :crap:

Can you really not understand my point?

BobbyJones
01-13-2012, 07:39 AM
Bravo!

You are insulted because I question your ability to give Ben constructive advice, but Ben should be thankful that you question his ability to run his own buisness? :crap: :crap:

Can you really not understand my point?

Charles M
01-13-2012, 07:45 AM
GUYS, RELAX...

He's poking fun at us (and all of our worldly wisdom)... Not Ben.

Some of us will take this seriously as well, as "the peanut gallery" is very frequently also the consumer and should be taken into account.

I like Ben's update... They're working very hard, It aint easy, they're working to limit mistakes and based on a LOT of direct experience they feel like they have the right direction and they're focused on being able to deliver higher quality to a smaller customer base...

Of course this is a chat room... and we're going to chat.

This pole is a little reminder not to take ourselves too seriously...

The funny part for me is that I get it, despite the fact that I'm one of the worst people I know for taking ***** too seriously!

oldpotatoe
01-13-2012, 07:49 AM
you probably meant this as a joke, but it's really rather insulting IMO. :rolleyes:

I am constantly amazed at the depth of experience that resides on this forum. We have doctors, lawyers, rally car drivers, bike shop owners, employees, and 1000 other perspectives.

We dont know if Ben or others at Serotta are reading our responses or not, but each of the threads on topic is usually full of lots of good ideas, and differing perspectives from people all over the world, financial spectrum, professional industry, etc.

The good DR sparrow obviously is upset that some bring up potential problems with the brand some of have actually experienced, first hand. But he wishes to get emotional about it. Ok, free interweb. 'Maybe' the Dr is part of the biz? Maybe the Dr lives in Sarasota or Poway...

Doesn't matter to me, my biz is doing well.

SamIAm
01-13-2012, 07:52 AM
Should Ben listen to my advice

Your advice, no, but his customers and potential customers, yes.

flydhest
01-13-2012, 08:13 AM
Threads like this need to stop. If Serotta needs and wants advice, I am sure the company will seek it. They are making the adjustments they need.

Keith A
01-13-2012, 08:36 AM
Threads like this need to stop. If Serotta needs and wants advice, I am sure the company will seek it. They are making the adjustments they need.Amen.