PDA

View Full Version : Planet X Ti anyone ??

UKBROOKLYN
01-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Anybody ever seen ride or own a Planet X Ti bike.
(Post Lysnkey period)
PLANTE X WEBSITE (http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/CBPXTIFOR/planetx_ti_pro_road_sram_force)

Kontact
01-12-2012, 09:39 AM
I understood that these are Van Nicholas Chinese frames, and many of them have broken. But I haven't seen one in person, or broken one.

tsarpepe
01-12-2012, 09:50 AM
UK, I don't know you, but you are quickly becoming one of my favorite posters here. The persistence with which you pursuit different titanium options is something to behold. From Merlin, to Spectrum, to Basso-Litespeed, now to Planet-X: I've followed it almost like a film. And yes: I really want to know how it ends! Do keep us posted on your search.

P.S. Given that this is a Serotta forum, I am really curious why you haven't pursued the Legend. Not to sound like a TV commercial, but there is Ti, and then there is Legend Ti.

AngryScientist
01-12-2012, 09:54 AM
P.S. Given that this is a Serotta forum, I am really curious why you haven't pursued the Legend. Not to sound like a TV commercial, but there is Ti, and then there is Legend Ti.

truth.

leooooo
01-12-2012, 09:57 AM
UK, I don't know you, but you are quickly becoming one of my favorite posters here. The persistence with which you pursuit different titanium options is something to behold. From Merlin, to Spectrum, to Basso-Litespeed, now to Planet-X: I've followed it almost like a film. And yes: I really want to know how it ends! Do keep us posted on your search.

nodding my head throughout post

UKBROOKLYN
01-12-2012, 09:59 AM
I am a very cautious shopper with limited means.. Hope it doesn't bore anyone.. But a couple of pretty interesting threads have evolved during my hunt. Yes I have considered Legend Ti and think it is along the lines of what I am interested in. I bumped into someone riding one the other day. Thing is finding one in my size and price bracket. I have come across tons of 56 and 57 cm Ti frames and complete bikes for great prices but nothing that I want in the 53 - 54 range. test rode a Merckx yesterday but again too big. I know where there is a Merlin XL 53 frame available near me and so I am back to have another look at my pals 54 and see if the slightly smaller frame is better. If so and I score that one then it will be the hunt for Campy et al. When/if it happens I will post pics of the build on the forum.

fourflys
01-12-2012, 10:04 AM
dude, there is a beautiful Concours in the classifieds right now in a 54cm... if I had the $$$ it would be mine... The Concours is very similar to the Legend in many's opinion... you should really give that one a close look...

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=102386

BTW- I guess I'm assuming all Concours are Ti like mine was... please correct me if I'm wrong...

echappist
01-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Lynskey?

R340 if you want an aggressive set up, R230 for more relaxed.

Jaq
01-12-2012, 10:33 AM
I bumped into someone riding one the other day.

"Hey look! A Legend Ti!"

bump

Crash.

Errrt.

Kerlick.... kerlick

tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap

"Well?"

"He looks concussed. I think that's his tooth--"

"Not him!"

"Oh. Right. Sorry. Um... oh. Stays are bent."

"Dammit!"

tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap

Kudunk... kudunk

Vrrrrrooooooom!

tsarpepe
01-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Do go and try that 53 Merlin. Many people have the wrong idea of what their size is, and you may well be one of those people (at least judging by a recent thread you ran in "Bike Fit"). My advice: throw the ST length out of the equation. It is commonly used for labeling the bike's size, but it's the wrong place to start in thinking about fit. Figure out what is the best combination for you of TT and HT with a normal length stem. If you are not a widely disproportionate fellow, the ST will take care of itself once you dial in how far out you want stretch and how low you want to bend. 53 may be just your size without you knowing it.

DRZRM
01-12-2012, 10:39 AM
That 54 ti concours is f-ing hot, and is a steal at that price.

Greenlikeme
01-12-2012, 01:58 PM
what he said!!! ^^^^

bambam
01-12-2012, 02:12 PM
might want to keep your eyes open for a Hors-Cat as well. I really like mine and got it on this forum.
BamBam

ultraman6970
01-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Looks odd to me, dunno exactly what it is but the frame looks odd.