PDA

View Full Version : new ritchey wcs ud fork ? / old ouzo pro integrated

AgilisMerlin
01-11-2012, 09:01 AM
anyone have any ride time on this. wcs fork is very light. bombroof though?

curious

thinking about putting on a steel workhorse. have a reynolds ouzo pro, with an ring indent on steerer on the bike now.

The headset on the agilis, top race, caused the indent, but on my steel bike the newer headset hits it in a different place. Because of indent, i could not keep it tight, so swapped it out.It came from another bike of mine, it is from 02' and it is making me a little nervous.

Serotta_Carbon
01-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Can't speak to the particular damage on your steerer without seeing it but that model fork is as bombproof as they get.

Check out the SOPWAMTOS site and view the video of an impact test I did for some visitors while I was still with Reynolds (6 years ago...)

One of the viewers wanted to see a steel fork go through the same test for comparison so I shot some new video over the weekend and hopefully it will be up soon on Bruces's site. I'll just say that it didn't pass the test and leave it at that.

And in case you may wonder....The test protocol was one originally developed for steel forks....

AgilisMerlin
01-11-2012, 03:51 PM
i'll check it out

in reference to my old fork, it looks like when you take the ring off your finger, as in a indent 360d, but no ragged edge