PDA

View Full Version : Filing a USPS insurance claim advice

weiwentg
01-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Folks,

Does anyone have advice for filing an insurance claim with USPS for a used item? It was mailed by first class and it appears to have been lost. I would normally have mailed these Priority Mail so that I could track them but they were handlebars, so the shipping would have cost like $30.

AgilisMerlin
01-10-2012, 04:46 PM
from experience,

the shipper contacts, through the interweb, usps. by doing so, they ask whether you the shipper should receive insurance, or the addressee. If the item is truly lost, and not held up by their ineptness, then the payment is sent to the shippers requested address.

my item was lost 3 months and i received it back. the guy at the post office, when handing it back to me, acted as if i was the luckiest person in the world.

i have(will) never used them again

thysck, my justified opinion

nannon
01-14-2012, 08:20 PM
Good luck

pedlpwrd
01-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Generally the rules for USPS is the item must be missing for 30 days. My cousin is a site mngr for the postal service so hopefully I have correct info here lol. Is the item insured? You should go to the USPS website and follow their instructions. This is unfortunate and I hope the best for you in getting either your item or valued payment for it!

e-RICHIE
01-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Folks,

Does anyone have advice for filing an insurance claim with USPS for a used item? It was mailed by first class and it appears to have been lost. I would normally have mailed these Priority Mail so that I could track them but they were handlebars, so the shipping would have cost like $30.
how can this be atmo? items over 13 ounces must be sent priority
mail or so i thought. are you sure they weren't sent parcel post?

ps

arrange disorder

:) :) :)
;) :) :)

pitcrew
01-15-2012, 06:51 AM
how can this be atmo? items over 13 ounces must be sent priority
mail or so i thought. are you sure they weren't sent parcel post?

ps

arrange disorder

;) :) :)

Yes, I believe the OP meant Parcel Post.

weiwentg
01-15-2012, 06:56 AM
It was parcel post. I got confused between their many classes of mail. However, it turns out that USPS delivered it after all, albeit 3 days later than their initial estimate. So, no need. Phew!