PDA

View Full Version : Experience with Exogrid

Tmogul
08-09-2005, 08:55 PM
http://www.titusti.com/exo_iso.html

I'm wondering if anybody here has tried an exogrid road frame and care to comment on it. I would think that some of you (shop owners/employees) went to interbike and maybe had a chance to demo one. Thanks

Jeff N.
08-10-2005, 02:34 AM
You should see Bill Holland's Exogrid frames. Just unbelieveable. He showed me a few the other day. He, along with Titus, and maybe a few others, are the only ones licensed to build Isogrid and Exogrid frames. Haven't ridden one yet though, but they're supposed to be sumthin' else! Jeff N.

William
08-10-2005, 06:06 AM
New wonder tubes or marketing genius?

William

Too Tall
08-10-2005, 06:43 AM
Mrmpph...sorry...just threw up a little in my mouth.

JohnS
08-10-2005, 06:56 AM
Where's that Marketing BS thread when you really need it? :)

William
08-10-2005, 06:56 AM
Mrmpph...sorry...just threw up a little in my mouth.

Also known as Vurping. Cross between vomit and a burp.

William ;)

Too Tall
08-10-2005, 07:25 AM
Actually, Santana Tandems have been onto this for a couple yrs.

Mmmphbrrrrrrurp....darnit...again.

xlbs
08-10-2005, 08:20 AM
this looks like an interesting hybrid tube technology.

I remember the scoffing when Serotta introduced the Colorado concept tubing...this phorum is a tribute to the truth and value of that tubing design.

The sceptic in me thinks that this is a marketing concept only, but the curious techno-file in me suggests that this is a very interesting and innovative way to advance tubing technology.

As in all of these things, time and riding will tell more than any marketing.

Too Tall
08-10-2005, 08:59 AM
Nobody has EVER accused Bill McReady of marketing hype....much. You have to give the man credit for making tandems friendly and easy to market to families, couples etc. His uber-tube tandem was/is the Ottrott in his world. I'd love to see his sales number.