PDA

View Full Version : New Shop Jerseys

Bill Bove
08-09-2005, 07:28 PM
Here's a rough mock up of our new shop jerseys. The format is pretty much set, we just have to finalize the font and drop in the sponser logos. Whadaya think?

Oh crap, looks like the attachment didn't hold. Trust me, they're nice. I'll try again.

That's it computers suck! they are the geeks revenge on us for laughing at them in middle school.

Kevan
08-09-2005, 07:32 PM
it's breathable fabric.

Serpico
08-09-2005, 07:35 PM
unobcotton?

Russ
08-09-2005, 07:36 PM
it's breathable fabric.
It's so breathable you can't even see it!

Yo Bill, there is no picture of the thing man...

Hey Bill, how about if I just contine to edit my old posts, but not change the TOTAL number of posts...

Send me a PM and I will give you my e-mail... Maybe I will post the pictures for ya! That will change that dreaded numba...

Bill Bove
08-09-2005, 07:36 PM
Can you see it Kevan? I can't figure this farging thing out :crap: :crap: I'll try later.

Bill Bove
08-09-2005, 07:39 PM
Russ, I can't get the attachment to load here, I guess it's to big. But do me a favor and post something real quick, your post total is giving me the heebie jeebies.

William
08-09-2005, 07:47 PM
I'm looking,
But I just keep drooling on myself???

William ;)

Kevan
08-09-2005, 07:53 PM
Sandy doesn't buy one of these!

Unless of course it turns him invisable too.

Fixed
08-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Hey any body want to trade their last years team jersey? I have jerseys from teams I used to be on size 4 (m)pm me if you would like more info. Kinda neat to have different stuff for training rides.Cheers

H.Frank Beshear
08-09-2005, 08:56 PM
Bill If it looks like the avatar I can barely see it would very cool and fit right in with my Old Guys jersey :D :beer: Send Keith A a copy he'll get it posted. Take care Frank

Ozz
08-09-2005, 09:59 PM
Here's a rough mock up of our new shop jerseys. The format is pretty much set, we just have to finalize the font and drop in the sponser logos. Whadaya think?

Oh crap, looks like the attachment didn't hold. Trust me, they're nice. I'll try again.

That's it computers suck! they are the geeks revenge on us for laughing at them in middle school.
Geez guys! It's right there!

Hmmm....maybe only the smart people can see it? ;)

William
08-10-2005, 03:00 AM
Geez guys! It's right there!

Hmmm....maybe only the smart people can see it? ;)

Huh? Wha!
http://www.justinridge.com/Final%20Images/Gallery/Characters/Self-Portrait-Drool.jpg

William ;)

Kevin
08-10-2005, 05:18 AM
It looks very stealth. ;)

Kevin

Bill Bove
08-10-2005, 08:29 AM
O.K. ENOUGH :crap: I keep trying to shrink the file but it just won't take to this format :crap:
If you want to see these beuaties PM me your e-mail address and I'll send the frikken damn file to you.

Too Tall
08-10-2005, 08:47 AM
With all the love in my heart I say WERE YOU DROPPED ON YOUR HEAD AS A CHILD ;)

Send it to my home mail acct. and I'll put the file on my web server for you.

William
08-10-2005, 09:04 AM
O.K. ENOUGH :crap: I keep trying to shrink the file but it just won't take to this format :crap:
If you want to see these beuaties PM me your e-mail address and I'll send the frikken damn file to you.

I KNEW IT!!! A MARKETING SCAM TO GET OUR E-MAIL ADDRESSES!! MARK MY WORDS, FAT CAT SPAM ON THE WAY!!!!
(pm heading your way.)

;) ;)
;) ;)

William

Bill Bove
08-10-2005, 09:05 AM
I'm :crap: trying I really am, now AOL won't send my mail. They're having some kind of problem, as soon as AOL is up I'll send it.

Ginger
08-10-2005, 09:06 AM
You are *such* a tease Bill...such a tease.

William
08-10-2005, 09:07 AM
I'm :crap: trying I really am, now AOL won't send my mail. They're having some kind of problem, as soon as AOL is up I'll send it.
That's your problem. AOL sucks for sending & recieving graphics files. Fly solo my son, be free....

William :)

Bill Bove
08-10-2005, 09:17 AM
All righty now, both William and Too Tall should have a copy by now. I wash my hands of this whole mess now. Too Tall, William, I'm counting on you, POST THE EMEFFEN BLOODY FILE!!!

William
08-10-2005, 09:28 AM
:cool:
Reminds me of my Tony the Tiger stripe jersey. Cool. :cool:
William

Bill Bove
08-10-2005, 09:32 AM
thank you, Wiliiam :banana: I'm a deraileur guy, not a computer guy :D I've gotta get some of those computer wizzard cd's.

William
08-10-2005, 09:36 AM
thank you, Wiliiam :banana: I'm a deraileur guy, not a computer guy :D I've gotta get some of those computer wizzard cd's.
PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!! ;)

Anytime big guy.

William

JohnS
08-10-2005, 10:10 AM
Campy...I like it!!!

Tailwinds
08-10-2005, 10:14 AM
That is very nice. Excuse these questions if they've already been addressed, but which manufacturer are you using? I've never heard of Bike Wear, so I'm not sure if that's the manufacturer. Will these jerseys be available to us on the forum?

Bill Bove
08-10-2005, 10:24 AM
www.zbikewear.com a really nice guy in Miami. Technically we're not supposed to sell on this forum but when I get the shops website working we'll have t-shirts, caps, hats, pint glasses, water bottles, all the good stuff :banana:

Spinsistah
08-10-2005, 10:40 AM

ARE THEY PINK?? :)

Spinsistah
08-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Wow, they really are pink. Guess you needed something to match to all that bar tape? Seriously, nice design Bill!

Bill Bove
08-10-2005, 10:57 AM
The old ones had even more pink. Look at the pictures from the '04 open house, we later had matching bibs too. This years are more "conservative", I love using that word to describe our jersey since half the sponsor logos belong to gay owned business', not that there is anything wrong with that.

BumbleBeeDave
08-10-2005, 11:04 AM
There must be something wrong with your image files. The clothing is all PINK! :eek:

Huh? What? It's SUPPOSED to be that color? Whoa! Double--:eek:

BBDave

Bradford
08-10-2005, 11:16 AM
I wouldn't listen to BBD on any issues of taste when it comes to cycling kit, we've all seen him in his full Beeman outfit.
Yikes! :D

By the way, I checked out the website link you posted for sizing and William and I are both in the Husky catagory. I'm not sure what I think about that. I'd be comfy in the 4X jersey, but we might need to slather Big Willie in some Assos nutter butter to squeeze him in. (And that's something I don't want to even visualize).

Bruce K
08-10-2005, 11:19 AM
Bill;

I will place my order this weekend. Gotta have the new kit if I'm going to keep riding down there. ;)

(and even if I'm not). :banana:

BK

Kevan
08-10-2005, 11:40 AM
Bill,

Is there an optional sew-on cat tail available?

Thanks,

Whiskas

William
08-10-2005, 11:57 AM
Bill,

Is there an optional sew-on cat tail available?

Thanks,

Whiskas

I know someone who does. ;)

http://www.greathalloween.co.uk/shop/media/98666.jpg
William ;)

William
08-10-2005, 12:00 PM
[QUOTE=Bradford]I wouldn't listen to BBD on any issues of taste when it comes to cycling kit, we've all seen him in his full Beeman outfit.
Yikes! :D

WORD!! ;)

.....we might need to slather Big Willie in some Assos nutter butter to squeeze him in. (And that's something I don't want to even visualize).

That makes two! :eek:

Worrying William ;)

Too Tall
08-10-2005, 12:12 PM
No, click here and add two years to the life of your car --->
Dangit, that BigWilly is not only fast he can type too.
http://www.ahealinghand.com/images/general/fatcat2.jpg

Ginger
08-10-2005, 12:15 PM
Bill,
You're a wise man (or not) to not put your bike shop's name dead center on the back of the shorts...

Although it would be kinda cute...

Russ
08-10-2005, 12:49 PM
Hey Bill,

What's your shop's number? I can't find you on the interne or dircetory assistance!

Are you real my man???!!!!

I need to set aside one of them jesreys in small....

PM me if you don't want to list the number here.

PS

I am no longer triple 6 :)

ClutchCargo
08-10-2005, 01:01 PM
I'm . . . not a computer guy.

apparently not ! just checked out your website (www.fatcatbicycles.com is you , right?)

... um, it's kind of, um, busy, don't you think :D

Bill Bove
08-10-2005, 01:14 PM
just haven'thad time to get the thing going yet. first i've gotta remember the password to get into the thing, then make it look good :D

Bill Bove
08-10-2005, 01:53 PM
Hey Bill,

What's your shop's number? I can't find you on the interne or dircetory assistance ,Are you real my man???!!!! :)
Oh we're real baby :banana: we moved the shop uptown and changed the name last spring and the yellow pages haven't caught up yet.

William
08-10-2005, 07:49 PM

William
08-10-2005, 08:02 PM
......I had to see what the Tiger kitty version would look like.

William ;)

BumbleBeeDave
08-10-2005, 09:31 PM
. . . but it’s close enough! Gimme! ;)

BBDave

Bill Bove
08-10-2005, 10:12 PM
You're on to what we may do in the futurw Big Willie :banana: We can change any one of three elements quite easily, color of the bands, color of the body background and the pattern of the body background.

Bruce K
08-11-2005, 07:35 AM
Bill;

Having seen the "tiger cat" version, I may have to re-think my position from yesterday.

I'm not sure I like the white background, but darker stripes definitely look better.

BK

Bill Bove
08-11-2005, 09:35 AM
Hmmm, good point there Brucie baby, wear a hat and nobody will notice :banana: Ha!! I kill myself :banana: I have a version with a white background with grey stripes. i'm trying for to things here, one my cat is grey with grey stripes and two, the silver/grey combination matches my bike :banana:

Bruce K
08-11-2005, 09:56 AM
Sure Bill, it's ALWAYS all about you and your bike. :rolleyes: :D :banana:

BK

Bill Bove
08-11-2005, 10:12 AM
Yes, yes it is :banana: and as soon as the women of the world realize that, then I'll let them be the second priority in my life :D

BumbleBeeDave
08-11-2005, 10:28 AM
In all seriousness, I love the design, though the pink color does not grab me. The orange looks a lot better--sort of alike a tiger cat.

But I would offer one suggestion from my own experience with zebra stripe kit . . . Make your stripes full black instead of the gray. The Aqua & Sapone kit I have from 2002 with the little stripes looks good close-up, but once you back off the stripes are so small that they pretty much disappear. The 2003 kit with the bigger, bolder stripes is far more visible and identifiable. Then ,the next year they went to the very light gray stripes in the background and once again, if you back off a few feet, then kit ends up looking like just black and light gray--the stripes are not really visible.

also, do you have any other brands you sell that can be included on the jersey besides Campy? Are there any manufacturers who offer co-op dollars for doing that?

BBDave

Bill Bove
08-11-2005, 10:49 AM
Dave, all good points, you too should wear a hat :banana: having bounced around a lot of different ideas, i like the subtety of the grey on grey. as far as the pink goes, that's why Phonaks jerseys are green, if you don't like pink, buy a Phonak jersey :p There will be six or seven local business's on the jersey but no other bike related ones other than Campy. If i become a Serotta dealer next year, maybe Serotta will get on the jersey but maybe not too. I sell several brands of bikes but only one brand of components :banana: CAMPAGNOLO :banana: You can buy the "S" stuff from me but I'm only going to sell you on Campy. In any case Dave I do see doing future runs with all kinds of color swaps thus making each run collectible :D

Ozz
08-11-2005, 10:53 AM
Bill - the pink looks great...I like! Sharp looking kit.

Orange, not so much...too much like "Tony the Tiger". Maybe next year ;)

BumbleBeeDave
08-11-2005, 11:03 AM
. . . obviously your choices. After all, they're YOUR jerseys! :p

Only other suggestions I could offer would be . . .

1) More contrasting font for the "bicycles" text below the "Fat Cat" . . . some sort of script or art type that contrasts a bit more with the San-serif of the "fat cat."

2) Cartoon caricature of your mascot on the shoulders--they look kinda bare. You could also use the mascot logo on other store products that might be marketable. If you check with local art schools, you could probably find some student who could design somethnig pretty nice just for the exposure.

3) "Fat Cat" text running down the sides under the arms so the name is more visible on riders bent over their bars as they go by.

BBD

PS . . . A yellow and black version would guarantee at least ONE sale. (Hin, hint!)

Bill Bove
08-11-2005, 01:01 PM
Already there Dave-O. Under the arms will be SunTitle, a title loan company, the shoulders will have the cartoon of Whitey riding her bike. The FATCAT font hasn't been finalised yet, I want it to be straight across the bottom and curved across the top, like what Whitey looks like whens she sleeping.

Has nobody caught the mouse climbing, escaping from the back pocket?

William
08-11-2005, 01:31 PM
Bill - the pink looks great...I like! Sharp looking kit.

Orange, not so much...too much like "Tony the Tiger". Maybe next year ;)

And what the heck is wrong with Tony huh!!! :mad:

Orange and black is where it's at! ;)

William

Bill Bove
08-11-2005, 03:15 PM
Tony is GREAT!!!! BUT IT'S GOING TO BE PINK!!!!

BumbleBeeDave
08-11-2005, 03:30 PM
Touchy, touchy! Relax! We're sure your PINK jerseys will be G-R-R-R-REAT!!! ;)

BBDave