PDA

View Full Version : OT (sort of): Anyone from Williamsburg, VA?

saab2000
01-07-2012, 04:24 PM
If anyone here is from, or lives in, or has experience around Williamsburg, VA please shoot me a PM.

Thanks!

Yes, it's cycling related! :D

Cat3roadracer
01-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Im not, but have been there several times. One of the nicest spots on the East Coast.

Karl Lee
01-07-2012, 05:50 PM
I live about an hour away and been there many times. What's your question? I'll PM ya!

Hokiemon
01-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Lived there for three years while in school and get back there often. Whatcha need to know? PM me or respond here and I will try to help you out.

rugbysecondrow
01-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Lifelover is from there, not sure if he is still around or not. Did he get banned? Anyway, try pming him.

saab2000
01-08-2012, 05:47 AM
Lifelover is from there, not sure if he is still around or not. Did he get banned? Anyway, try pming him.

He's from VA Beach and we are well acquainted. Virgnia Beach is where I currently spend a lot of time.

But I'm wondering specifically about some things about Williamsburg, which is actually about 40 miles away and separated by a lot of waterways.

Interesting area. Very spread out.

sc53
01-08-2012, 06:55 AM
Saab--one word: MOSQUITOES
That, and it's flat. My Dad lived there for many years before he died. I found places to run and ride but you need to move fast lest you are eaten alive. Even at Thanksgiving. :crap:

Dr. Sparrow
01-08-2012, 08:15 AM
Sam in Va is from Newport News and is a great resource for information regarding riding around Williamsburg. He is also a lover if classic steel bikes and a generally swell guy to boot. He mostly checks the classifieds so he is not likely to respond here.

Send him a PM and I'm sure he will help in anyway he can.

There is also a Bike Beat (http://bikebeatonline.com/about/williamsburg-monticello-marketplace-pg317.htm) in Williamsburg that is very active in the road scene. You have most likely ridden with (or at least been passed by) the manager (Rick Young) of the Va Beach Bike Beat and he is pretty knowledgable about Williamsburg.

Worse case, any of the usual suspects on the Sunday morning FF ride will claim to know everything about anything. Gold is Gold!

Smiley
01-08-2012, 08:41 AM
pm our own Flydhest as he went to college at William and Mary (smart dude) and has ridden down there. He maybe too old now to remeber stuff from that by gone era though :banana:

ultraman6970
01-08-2012, 10:45 AM
There is another member maybe in newport news because i sent him a few things, cant remember his nickname.. :/

saab2000
01-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Williamsburg is about 50 or more miles miles from my crash pad in VA Beach. Quite a trek actually. I am curious about the riding but about some other things too. Ill make some contacts soon and maybe drive over someday.

Not thinking about moving there. Not seriously anyway.

palincss
01-08-2012, 05:05 PM
The local bike club: http://www.wabonline.org/
A book of routes in the Williamsburg area: http://www.wabonline.org/book.html
Plenty of routes in ridewithgps in the area, too.

Dr. Sparrow
01-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Williamsburg is about 50 or more miles miles from my crash pad in VA Beach. Quite a trek actually. I am curious about the riding but about some other things too. Ill make some contacts soon and maybe drive over someday.

Not thinking about moving there. Not seriously anyway.

If it was ever an option, you would be very happy flying out of Newport News and living north of the airport.

The only thing you would be missing in Va Beach is the MILFs. Outside of that and maybe schools, living North of Newport News beats the southside hands down.

If you have never spent an day in Colonial Williamsburg you are missing out and a great opportunity. People travel from all over the world to see it. Drop the coin on a day pass, visit the blacksmith, the printer, the armory and all the other craftsmen. What those people did was amazing.

Jaq
01-08-2012, 10:23 PM
If you have never spent an day in Colonial Williamsburg you are missing out and a great opportunity. People travel from all over the world to see it. Drop the coin on a day pass, visit the blacksmith, the printer, the armory and all the other craftsmen. What those people did was amazing.

Was in VA a few years back for a wedding and we thought we'd check out CW. Went inside to buy the tickets and said to the lady at the info counter "we've only got about 5 hours, what would you recommend we do?"

"Leave."

johnnymossville
01-09-2012, 08:21 AM
I used to live in Newport News and found the Williamsburg area one of the nicest parts of Virginia, Actually, Williamsburg and points west of there is great, except for Richmond which kinda sucked.

Hampton Roads on the other hand is a nightmare for riding, in my experience.