PDA

View Full Version : Would it be alright if we...

FunkyPorcini
08-09-2005, 03:18 PM
created a sticky in the classified section with online vendors that people here have been pleased with? I use my LBS as much as possible but as you know sometimes that is just not feasible. Maybe we can do short comments on each vendor and rate them.

What do you think?

FunkyPorcini
08-10-2005, 02:11 PM
Man, my posts have been flopping lately. Either I kill current threads or my new ones fall on their face.

Time to change the saying under my name.

dirtdigger88
08-10-2005, 02:25 PM
who loves ya baby

Jason

hybridbellbaske
08-10-2005, 08:38 PM
Hey, Funky- don't change! I was going to ask you about the Steely Dan reference- what's your favourite album? I can't choose between Pretzel Logic,
The Royal Scam and Aja, althought there are moments of sheer genius on Gaucho...

BumbleBeeDave
08-10-2005, 09:25 PM
. . . always regard “Aja” as their best. “Gaucho” does indeed have some brilliant moments, but “Aja” is more consistently smooth and enjoyable. Nobody does it like Walt and Don . . .

BBDave

BumbleBeeDave
08-10-2005, 09:27 PM
. . . while we’re here, I agree that a “recommended” section of the classifieds would be really nice--as long as it’s understood that it’s not the place for curelly flaming merchants you are not happy with.

BBDave

Serpico
08-11-2005, 01:43 AM
. . . while we’re here, I agree that a “recommended” section of the classifieds would be really nice--as long as it’s understood that it’s not the place for curelly flaming merchants you are not happy with.

BBDave

agreed--it's much too easy for people to write something in frustration and exaggerate, etc and I would assume it could do damage to a small business that relies on word of mouth. It could also wrongly depict them if the issue was due to to a misunderstanding/miscommunication.

Having said that, I was thinking of doing a write up on the Serotta dealer I am going through--the service has been, literally, incredible. I would like a section where I could post this (after the transaction/build is complete).