PDA

View Full Version : Big Thanks To Oldpotatoe

learningtoride
01-05-2012, 03:18 PM

AngryScientist
01-05-2012, 03:28 PM
damn!

as i always say, there is a special place in hell for bike thieves. lowlifes really.

glad to hear you sound very good, and are taking it well. you'll be back in the saddle in no time, keep your eye on the classifieds here for a nice replacement, what size do you ride? potentially homeowners or renters insurance may help with the loss... keep up the positive attitude! :beer:

oldpotatoe
01-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Hi guys- just wanted to drop by and say Thank You! Peter sent me two really awesome cycling caps and I love them and thank you! A BAD thing happened day before yesterday- cause apparently my existance is bs with a side of drama lol- my Dulce was stolen. It'll be a couple of months till I can replace her so I'm currently bikeless- I only had that bike since July. Im really bumbed about it. But as soon as I get one Ill send you some pictures Peter- Just wanted to come online and say thanks. I REALLY love love the red one! :D
Thanks again and happy riding all!

I got a Louisville Slugger(baseball bat) I would love to introduce to any slimeball that steals a bike.

Glad you like the hats, warm in the winter, cool in the summer!!

verticaldoug
01-05-2012, 03:42 PM
one of my favorite youtube videos is the two bicycle messengers who caught the bike thief. 'Don't steal bikes Bro'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8e4341rRJ4

thwart
01-05-2012, 03:45 PM
One of the signs you're better is when life deals you a blow (like having your bike stolen), and you can bounce back, rather than have it take you down.

Odds are some good karma will happen soon to balance it out.

And the bike thief will have a squirrel run through his front wheel on a steep descent...

Wilkinson4
01-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Hate em!

mIKE

soulspinner
01-06-2012, 04:36 AM
Hate em!

mIKE

:hello:

rugbysecondrow
01-06-2012, 05:17 AM
Nice to see you around here.

You should look or post in the classifieds when you are ready to get something. Lots of good folks who could likely help.

Cheers

Paul

rice rocket
01-06-2012, 05:24 AM
Let us know how we can help, I'm sure we all collectively have enough parts in our parts bins to build something nice. :beer:

laupsi
01-06-2012, 05:45 AM
story about a LBS "robbed" of a bike:

guy comes in the store on a slow week day morn. while no one is "looking" he takes off out the front door w/the bike. turns right then right again on a back road that only heads up hill for about 1/2 mile at 10%. guys from the store do witness all and happen to chase after him in a car up the hill. thief panics, jumps off the bike, after pedaling like 10 rpm up the hill, runs back down the hill away from the road. store fellas chase after and thief ends up rolling in a rambling stream. BTW, it was around 20 degress F.

happy ending to all :beer:

tiretrax
01-06-2012, 09:11 AM
Sorry to hear about your bike getting stolen. I've lost too many. It seems you're in good spirits, and I am happy to see that.

If you find it on Craigslist, don't try to steal it back - just check it out and call the cops!

pedlpwrd
01-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Aww Nic! This news is heartbreaking. You've sure got alot of negative going on to over come. I agree, reading that you are keeping your spirits up is wonderful to see. Did you file a police report? I know how proudly you spoke of your bike and hope that you do NOT stop riding. Get back on ASAP. I haven't gotton to speak to you in a while. How's your Grandfather doing? Drop us a line when you can and let us know how you're holding up. We are all still here pulling for you. Glad to hear how much you loved the hats Oldpotatoe sent you. Let me know when you get your dates set for your return here and let's see if we can't get a ride in out here. We can figure something out if you want to. We are all here for you.