PDA

View Full Version : Wiggle orders near Christmas?

rice rocket
01-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Anyone place an order from Wiggle recently? They were blowing out a lot of Craft baselayers so I got myself and the woman one each, along with a pair of dhb Superroubaix unpadded tights as well. I placed an order on the 17th, "processed" the 21st. Haven't heard from them since. Pretty surprising that they don't provide tracking numbers, that seems like a huge liability on them since they have nothing to prove that they actually shipped the order.

Maybe I've been spoiled by all my ProBikeKit orders being shipped fast, track-able, and delivered within a week...

I'll give it another week or so before raising a fuss, but anyone place an order recently too and have been waiting?

old_fat_and_slow
01-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Haven't ordered anything in the time frame you are referring to, but have ordered from them (and Ribble) many times in the past. Shipping was always just as fast and reliable as PBK. Sometimes the Royal Mail gets effed up, but that's not Wiggle's fault.

Be patient Grasshopper. It will come.

cfox
01-04-2012, 09:36 AM
I remember shipments from the UK were delayed by over a month around X-mas last year; I think it has something to do with customs being overwhelmed with all the holiday shipments coming and going.

AngryScientist
01-04-2012, 09:47 AM
i made a Ribble order around the same time, for some much needed tires. It's just going to take a while at this point, i think a lot of stuff over there shuts down over the holidays, and customs is swamped with christmas "traffic". it'll get there, dont worry.

kenmetzger
01-04-2012, 10:49 AM
I made an order on Wiggle that said it was "processed" on December 9th. It took until December 29th before it arrived. I have a feeling that it was getting tied up in customs during the holidays. Don't worry, it should be on its way, just not quickly.

phcollard
01-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Yes it's a bit slower than usual. The post must be clogged with parcels around Christmas time and don't get me started on customs!

I had an order from Ribble that we both agreed to consider lost after 6 weeks. They sent me a replacement last week and it arrived in 5 business days.

rugbysecondrow
01-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Didn't we have this same thread this time last year or am I mistaken?

rice rocket
01-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Yeah, but last year people were sending bombs in printer cartridges which prompted a lockdown at customs. That shouldn't be the case this year, unless I've totally ignored some major event.

Uncle Jam's Army
01-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Major ice/snow storm last year locked down most of England, too.

bart998
01-04-2012, 01:02 PM
I ordered a non-bike related item from Britain on the 15th. Still not here. I called and was told there was a problem with the "post" service and it should arrive by the end of the week.