PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Question...

oldguy00
01-02-2012, 07:15 AM
OK, I feel like a total rookie, but can't seem to figure this out...
I have a set of 2009 Mavic Carbon Carbones. Just put them on for the first time.
The front wheel, when installed, looks like it is off to one side. If I flip the wheel around, it is off to the other side. So I figure, OK, dishing is off. I take the tire off, get the dishing tool out and check it...it is right on, perfect.
As far as I can tell, it is seating in the fork OK.
What am I missing?? :crap:

oldpotatoe
01-02-2012, 07:35 AM
OK, I feel like a total rookie, but can't seem to figure this out...
I have a set of 2009 Mavic Carbon Carbones. Just put them on for the first time.
The front wheel, when installed, looks like it is off to one side. If I flip the wheel around, it is off to the other side. So I figure, OK, dishing is off. I take the tire off, get the dishing tool out and check it...it is right on, perfect.
As far as I can tell, it is seating in the fork OK.
What am I missing?? :crap:

Hub adjusted? If disassembled, reassembled correctly? Axle bent?

Peter P.
01-02-2012, 07:45 AM
Is there a piece of debris in either dropout slot?

How about something stuck onto either axle end?

Are you absolutely sure the wheel is seated properly in the dropouts?

Can you swap another wheel in there to make sure you're not hallucinating?

Bob Loblaw
01-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Are you mounting the wheel in a stand or on the ground? I find that mounting the wheel with the bike off the ground can lead to alignment weirdness even on bikes i know have perfect dropout alignment.

BL

Gummee
01-02-2012, 11:45 AM
..and check to see that you don't have the QR springs in backwards.

BTDT

:crap:

M

oldguy00
01-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the replies. I took the axle out, everything seemed fine. Lubed it up a bit, used a fine file for a minute on the axle ends just in case. Put it back together and now it is seating fine. Go figure.
:)
:beer: