PDA

View Full Version : Kreitler Rollers

keno
08-08-2005, 02:38 PM
After the generous loan by Too Tall of a set of rollers and three voyages with no serious negative consequences (however I must admit that yesterday, after about 25 minutes on the devils, the last thought I can remember is along the lines of "when will I have had enough today" before I went down as fast as a $5 hooker), I have decided that now is the time to become an owner.

Who among you has a nice set of Kreitler Challenger or Alloy rollers that have been sitting around contemplating their bearings and would appreciate a new home in Scenic New Jersey, while you would enjoy the benefits of some folding money and a little more storage space? Stop fooling yourself; they are just too much effort and not enough pleasure. Please email me directly at keno@blast.net.

I am simply not interested in any other brand. After all, I sprung for the Ottrott.

keno

William
08-09-2005, 05:43 AM
After the generous loan by Too Tall of a set of rollers and three voyages with no serious negative consequences (however I must admit that yesterday, after about 25 minutes on the devils, the last thought I can remember is along the lines of "when will I have had enough today" before I went down as fast as a $5 hooker), I have decided that now is the time to become an owner.

Who among you has a nice set of Kreitler Challenger or Alloy rollers that have been sitting around contemplating their bearings and would appreciate a new home in Scenic New Jersey, while you would enjoy the benefits of some folding money and a little more storage space? Stop fooling yourself; they are just too much effort and not enough pleasure. Please email me directly at keno@blast.net.

I am simply not interested in any other brand. After all, I sprung for the Ottrott.

keno

Kreitler, can't go wrong there Keno. Though getting people to part with theirs is going to be a tough prospect. There's a reason you don't see them for sale very often....though I know a guy named Vinnie that is very skilled in the use of a Louisville Slugger and has been very successful in "convincing" people to sell things they "don't need" any more.

Just saying (shrug)...

William ;) :)

keno
08-09-2005, 06:18 AM
in fact, I did receive a response from a very reliable person, I won't say guy or gal, who has a set of Jimmy Walkers, those Dyno-Mytes, that simply are not just right for that person. That person needed something with, say, 1.25" drums so that the rollers would take up a tiny bit less storage space than the Jimmys and collect a bit less dust, actually quite a bit, relatively speaking, since we are here dealing with r*2.

Having seen you ride, or simply block out the sunlight, I am sure you could spin those suckers and get some use out of them. If you are not full up in the roller department, which I expect that you are, and have any interest, drop me a note offline and I'll try to do a "Lowered Expectations" (an oblique reference) introduction. (Extra points for reference ID, as always.)

keno

William
08-09-2005, 06:40 AM
Will be re-plyin shortly.

DYN-O-MITE!!!

William ;)

Too Tall
08-09-2005, 06:43 AM
While KenO waxes on I'll tell a roller story..real short one. I used to participate in evening roller races at a local shop. The owner was / is an evil bas!ard..he'd hide all the floor pumps and set out two sets of hot dog rollers for us to warm up on. Most people had never used these small rollers and the antics were hilarious. One set was normal width and the other set was extra evil...they were the "professional" version and only about 12" wide...talk about 19th nervous breakdown getting used to that. It was all part of the shop owners evil plan to throw everyone into self-doubt so he could whip our butts at the races.

Welcome Ken to the wonderful world of European torture devices.